The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

6th Annual Mustang Roundup at MPH September 15-18, 2016!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've got some great updates to share on Ford and Shelby attendees. We now have the following Ford attendees confirmed for this year's Roundup!

• Todd Soderquist will be there with his 15MY GT350R plus his 12MY and 13MY Boss 302LS
• Chuck Drake will be returning with his 2012 Boss 302
• Mike and Sue Berardi will be returning with 2 of their 50+ Mustangs. We are hoping to see one of the rare 15MY GT350R w/o the tech pack as one of the two cars they bring this year.
• Mike Makled will be returning with one of the 37 15MY GT350Rs
• More coming soon…

In addition George has confirmed that Shelby American VP Gary Patterson will be there with his GT350

https://www.facebook.com/DrivingGaryPatterson?fref=ts

You won't want to miss this guys. Both Ford and Shelby will be giving presentations at the banquet on Friday evening as well.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
TymeSlayer said:
@JScheier

Met you briefly at High Plains last year. Perhaps I'll see you again in May. I'm very interested in heading out to Hastings and if you're going as well, we can drive out together.

Thanks for the info guys. If I can figure the logistics out, I'll be there.

Unfortunately, I no longer own the Boss 302. I sold it last year :( I don't think Gary & George would be happy if I showed up in my GTS2 car and picked on you guys :)

I should be at all the NASA events this season, including Hastings. I'll also be at both Colorado WRL events driving in both the 12 and 24 hour races.

JScheier said:
Unfortunately, I no longer own the Boss 302. I sold it last year :( I don't think Gary & George would be happy if I showed up in my GTS2 car and picked on you guys :)

I should be at all the NASA events this season, including Hastings. I'll also be at both Colorado WRL events driving in both the 12 and 24 hour races.
Wouldn't bother me because I'll be in the GT350 class ;D Wish you still had a Stang but good luck this season. I'm sure you'll dominate again 8)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Any of you headed to MPH for the NASA event on 8/13-14? You know you need some cheatin' bastidge time :)

I'll be there in the slow GTS2 car, and rumor has it I may be running the TT groups :)

JScheier said:
Any of you headed to MPH for the NASA event on 7/13-14? You know you need some cheatin' bastidge time :)

I'll be there in the slow GTS2 car, and rumor has it I may be running the TT groups :)

Jon - I will be there as well (in August however, not July) getting in some cheatin' time ;D

See you there!

It's official........I am 100% registered and ready to FINALLY (after years of trying) make this event!

Looking forward to meeting many, learning a lot and having a blast!

If anyone wants to give some free "rookie" advice to this feel free to do so....I will take ANYTHING!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Relax, go with an open mind knowing that drivers Mods take the longest time to install.

Have plenty of fluids for you and the car. Separate day time and night time fluids, driver only.

Do NOT skimp of safety gear!!! $50.00 helmets are for $50.00 heads. Make your own assessment. Increase speed and proficiency calls for increased levels of protection. Roll bar, harnesses, gloves, HANS and drivers suit should all be on your list of improvements. Not so much when you are beginning but all are a good it=dea sooner than later.

Listen and learn. The learning curve for me was steep and has only tapered out some after 4 years of occasional trackways, 3-5 events a year. Its easier to run out of track, talent and luck all at the same time. Large run off areas are your friend. Anyone who says they have not been off track, once or twice, ::) is either to new to take advice from or a liar.

ENJOY!!

Consider track insurance

Have Fun.

JScheier said:
I saw you on the end of a rope... you and the car OK?

No surprise, my tranny went out. Turns out my synchro is what failed. Just picked up the car today and it is set to go!! Thankfully the session it went out on was my PLANNED last session of the day. And I beleive I took 3rd place that day behind the two Lotuses. ;D ;D

And you did some nice driving taking 1st place in your class if I am not mistaken!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang Suprmn, glad you are finally going to be at the best Mustang Event in the US!!! I am without my Boss and hope to be in a GT350 for next years event , so happy to give you free advice, er, may cost you a beer or two, ha,ha.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
NO EXCUSES for not going... I get unplugged from my last CHEMO treatment on that Friday... I plan on being there on Saturday - just a spectator will be too tired to do much else... and it will be a bit of a drive that morning... so if you live within 300 miles... you will be missing something that is truly special in the Mustang Universe... get off the couch or put the lawn mower away... make it to Hastings... you will not regret the trip.
If I can't use CANCER as an excuse... yours is not a valid excuse either...

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
LS110 said:
No surprise, my tranny went out. Turns out my synchro is what failed. Just picked up the car today and it is set to go!! Thankfully the session it went out on was my PLANNED last session of the day. And I beleive I took 3rd place that day behind the two Lotuses. ;D ;D

Been there, done that, not fun!

And you did some nice driving taking 1st place in your class if I am not mistaken!!
Sometimes I drive very well. Other times, not so much. I've finally settled down and stopped upgrading / changing setups on the car, and it seems to be working. Once you get comfortable in a car, speed comes quickly!

Hope all of you have a fun and SAFE time at MPH! George puts on a great show... one you don't want to miss! Almost makes me want to buy a GT350 and come out and play. Maybe Todd would let me borrow his?

:eek:

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
I'll be there!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Be there without a car , so can play Armchair Quarterback about how I would be all of you, ha!! Look forward to a great time , anyway, and it is always one of the best Mustang Events in the US of A!!

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
had my last chemo infusion today... doing the fanny pack pump meds until Friday afternoon... if all goes well I will be out Saturday... won't be having any beer... not yet allowed to have any... yet... but will be enjoying the show... be safe Thursday and Friday... I want you all still on track when I get there...lol

We have been busy. Just finished the Ford Exec presentation and awards dinner. Ford did a great job with their comments and presentation, as did George, keeping us all entertained. We had a slow start on Friday due to rain the night before, although once the track dried by mid morning the weather and track conditions have been perfect. Very cool to see this many Mustangs, guessing 50, all competing at the same event!!

TMO Supporting Vendors