The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

6th Annual Mustang Roundup at MPH September 15-18, 2016!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We need photos!

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Saturday was perfect track conditions early... got warm in the afternoon for the autocross... great day to watch and talk... CANCER will not stop me... if you missed it... plan on being there next year... great mix of Prepped Mustangs, Bosses and Shelby cars on track and in the show... or just like me just watching... 2 boss 429's at the show... boss 351... old boss 302's... "modern" ponies... even a Foose Mustang... sights and sounds that lift the soul... incredible event... thanks again George and everyone else...

Some photos from another fantastic event:

Most of the cars lined up in pre grid before Saturday's Autocross:

image_zpsxgpuzkq9.jpg

And a great shot of my car passing an attempt at a crop circle created by a certain indidual who spun

image_zpsxmaosubh.jpg

Make sure to sign up for next year!

Great event once again! Thanks to George and his crew for the hospitality. Best part.....everybody made it through the weekend with very very few mechanical issues. There were some off-road excursions and spins as usual ;) It's been a few years since my record setting harvest, but now we have a new King of the Crop Circle ;D

Thanks again to Bill for tracking down Terry Klatt to help out with a repair. That's why I love Hastings, the people are awesome! Bill was the first one over to tell me I ran a 1:32:666 and the devil was with me!

The celebration was short lived.About 2 minutes later I find out the fitting for my diff breather broke of in the axle tube. I told bill to find Terry and I need some EZ outs to get the rest of the fitting out of the diff. 5 minutes later Bill comes pulling up with Terry and some tools. Now, Terry's shop has some really cool cars and a lot of cool stuff to look at. The best part is, he also had a lot of race car parts and he actually had the fitting I needed. So, I went from thinking that the whole day would be shot to being back on track in 45 minutes. That is what I love about that track and the people that come to the event.

Thanks again for those that made it!

KRost said:
Thanks again to Bill for tracking down Terry Klatt to help out with a repair. That's why I love Hastings, the people are awesome! Bill was the first one over to tell me I ran a 1:32:666 and the devil was with me!

That was a blistering fast lap you put down at 1:32.6!! While your car is obviously well set-up, it is nothing over the top and it was mostly you as the driver that made that happen. Very impressive. In addition, you are always willing to share your thoughts and secrets that make those laps possible.

Fun weekend and fun hanging out with you!

LS110 said:
Fun weekend and fun hanging out with you!

Fun hanging out with you guys and watching you get faster every year!

Except for part where we spent 2 minutes showing a suggested line through a corner on the map of the wrong track on my phone......still amazed at how the tracks are sort of similar and how it took me that long to figure out I wasn't looking at the right track ::)

drano38

Wayne
Looks like everyone had a great time again this year.
I see crop circles and silage cutting are new events added this year. ;)
First time I didn't make this event--owning a 100 year old houses has plenty of projects that need to be done.
Looks like I missed a great Roundup.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With the great group of Ford Sickos who just happen to also be Engineers and Execs with Ford, I can not imagine another Ford Track Event in the Midwest that is any more fun?! The Dearborn Dozen ( okay, they may not quite be at that number yet , but with family and friends it is getting close ) show up not only to participate with us on the track , but they also give informative Tech Talks to further add to the Mustang Mania. Manufacturer kudos to this passionate group that gives all of us who love our Stangs a true insight into how secure our future is with our beloved ride. Things expanded this year with Gary Patterson , VP of Sales for Shelby American , also showing up at the Mustang Roundup. Folks should really expect a phenomenal turnout next year with the influx of new GT 350 owners, and support from folks like Gary along with all our friends at Ford . I should not be riderless next year, and I do hope not to do any a-maize-ing trips off track like some did this year, but have a feeling the times of Bruce Hansen ( 1:32.508 ) and Kevin Rost ( 1:32.666) will be extremely hard to replicate -- those two guys were absolutely on fire! Perfect for all the celebs that were present , as Kevin rocked the Naturally Aspirated World with his Mustang, and Bruce showcased his blown Shelby to the delight of Mr. Patterson. We all spent way too much time on the ground doing , " We are not worthy waves ," to these two gentlemen.

Lastly, Ford and the Participants must be warmly thanked , as this group of TrackRats has donated every year to the Woodhouse Ford Sponsored Backpack Program through the Food Bank of the Heartland. Over 97,000 schoolchildren go home hungry over the weekends in Nebraska and Western Iowa , and every year the Mustang Roundup racers and car show participants , pony up their dollars and raise funds with a small Auction. This year we raised $810 dollars and that will feed over 5 children for an entire school year. Thanks to all and get your calendar out for next year..............

Mustang Roundup 7 is bound to be pure Racer's Heaven!!

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Black Boss said:
You guys are bad -- is this a process of elimination :)

Not Kevin, but I'm not responding to more guesses, to protect the guilty :eek:

Thanks for trying to protect the guilty. But I will admit that it was me and it was only because I was chasing Nick around corner 11 at the time that I gave it just a little too much steering angle.
14ebf07132ebd2e44b6035d71fa1c567.jpg20de718eead7822344c2a105a45ae57f.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel