The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#8 cylinder melt down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just received a call from a friend that a Black LS had a major breakdown this weekend while on track in Florida. he had trackey installed and was running 100 octane race fuel.

Can anyone verify this and if so what are the facts? I know many of us are on track and would like to know the details and cause if known.

I don't know, I ran Trackey along with a silver Boss and a black Boss without Trackey last weekend. The owner of the silver Boss said he had a engine failure the day after at a different track but has not checked back in yet to say what. I had no problems running Trackey and in fact did not see much of a difference.

I am interested because I had mine on the dyno last friday and it had some pretty strange timing changes with the trackey. What's odd is that most of the owner's on the forum say they do not have much difference with or without trackey. On mine lopey idle is very pronounced and on the dyno the timing changes dramatically at higher rpm's and the air fuel is much leaner.

boss2012 said:
I just received a call from a friend that a Black LS had a major breakdown this weekend while on track in Florida. he had trackey installed and was running 100 octane race fuel.

Can anyone verify this and if so what are the facts? I know many of us are on track and would like to know the details and cause if known.

If you don't have any details or the facts why are you titling the post #8 cylinder melt down......?

adam81 said:
If you don't have any details or the facts why are you titling the post #8 cylinder melt down......?
The sky is falling.

PacYXUHp28iGfgLc2R0d5SPttmHu-bPo4bAkIhUX-Yeqi9YxEA.jpg

adam81 said:
boss2012 said:

The title of the post is the reason she gave me for the engine failure. She owns a performance shop here, owns and races a Boss and was called by a tuner in FL who has worked on a number of Bosses. I am trying to get the facts therefore the post.

My Boss did have some odd but not total failure readings while on the dyno while using Trackey so I would like to know before I start going to the track in January.

boss2012 said:
adam81 said:
boss2012 said:

The title of the post is the reason she gave me for the engine failure. She owns a performance shop here, owns and races a Boss and was called by a tuner in FL who has worked on a number of Bosses. I am trying to get the facts therefore the post.

My Boss did have some odd but not total failure readings while on the dyno while using Trackey so I would like to know before I start going to the track in January.

Got it. Why don't you call her and get whom ever she talked to number or whoever has the real story on this.... Please keep us informed.

I don't know what happened or how, but I heard it was covered under warranty. I would like to know as well here. What is the full TRUE story?

TMO Supporting Vendors