The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

8 minute lap of the Boss on the Nurburgring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
This is a video of the Boss and a Formula Firebird doing an 8 minute bridge to gantry lap of the Nordschleife with traffic to slow us down but we still manage an 8:11. Without traffic we could probably manage a sub 8 which is really impressive for these cars. The Euro guys are always surprised when they see the Boss in their rearview telling them to get out of the way. The Formula Firebird has some engine mods, brembo's off of a CTS-V, Z06 wheels with R888's, some other suspension mods, and is fully stripped out with just race seats in the interior...it's pretty fast. Enjoy the video and sorry for the bad language, I got a little too excited. At the end I get excited when the wheels lift off the ground when I didn't expect it. There are three spots where the car leaves the ground. Amazing track, maybe the best in the world?

PS...look for the flames out the tail pipes in the Karussell

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7BlG-40CbX8[/youtube]

Awesome video, great driving Flyboygsxr. You had a better line and was faster then him out of many corners, it also looks like the Boss was way more stable and precise around corners. Good power on the strait for the Firebird but overall the Boss came out first...these car are amazing ;)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
The Firebird is fast but it's easy to upset the car especially on the brakes coming into a corner...My buddy is a good driver so he can handle it but the Boss is planted and so much easier to drive. The boss is actually just a tad faster but I am short shifting to avoid temperature issues that were arising that day. He has more balls than I do and isn't worried about wrecking the car. The Firebird makes an amazing noise though...no cats and long tubes make it sound like a NASCAR.

A couple of observations:
1. You have to admire the discipline of German drivers, they use their mirrors and stay to the right.
2. Imagine doing that in a F1 car...in the rain
3. I would need a navi to do that
4.That Pontoon has a motor in it!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
It is ridiculously long and very hard to master...it takes about 100 laps before you have really learned the track. At 13 miles a lap that's 1300 miles on the track! That's what makes this track so awesome. I'm going to run the Grand Prix Circuit on the Nurburgring on Wednesday for my last oorah before the Boss is shipped back to America. I'll post up videos of that next time.

Damn your shipping her back, darn it, i was hoping we would have had chance to met up before you went home

Ive really enjoyed the vids, ive taken my last two mustangs around the ring but not the Boss, just to far at the moment

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
big red one said:
NO Bud, i live in the UK but often holiday in Austria we could have had fun on the alps!

If you have any time try to get to the Stelvio Pass look it up on google maps as passo stelvio

youll love it, its one of the best driving roads in the world

you can read a bit about my trip here http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?44340-Austrian-Alps-road-trip-including-Stelvio-Pass&highlight=stelvio

dont miss it before you send the boss back

I have done the Stelvio and just came back from the Monaco Grand Prix with the Boss...I won't even try to start listing all the passes we hit on the way there and back. We did a lot of the French Alps on the way back as I like to avoid Italy...If you live in Europe you know why :) I won't say my true feelings so I don't run the risk of offending someone. Needless to say the Italians always hassle the Boss because it stands out to the point where I thought they were going to rob me twice. They made me pull over and were asking me how much money I had and searched the whole car including all of my luggage...yeah, that sucked.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I would but I feel I would be doing the Boss a disservice. I could manage sub 8 without traffic but with a better driver and my setup I bet the Boss could get into the 7:40 range. I am going again for one last time on Tuesday and Wednesday...shouldn't be much traffic so I will see if I can better my time.

TMO Supporting Vendors