The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#842 joins the group

22
0
I got lucky when I went to the dealer a month ago. The salesman informed me that they had one on order and the person backed out. I put some money down to hold the car for me. I got the call today and picked up my Boss this afternoon. Race Red with black accents makes the car pop.
I absolutely love the car. It was hard keeping it below 80 when I was coming home. Handles terrific and well worth the money. My wife just told me Happy Father's Day:)
 
Welcome to BMO and congratulations! Any options on your Boss and where do you live? My original ETA would have had my Boss here for Father's Day but now I'll be lucky to have it by July 4th.
 
22
0
Recaros and Torsen diff. When i got home to check the trunk for the car cover, the dealer forgot about it. I called them and they were going to mail it to me.
I live in Rancho Cucamonga in So. Cal.

I have not seen any other Boss Mustangs on the road. I have been looking. I'm going to enjoy driving the car around town this coming weekend.
 
Congrats!!!!!

PICS or BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

just kidding.

This is what I love about the Boss, how many do you see on the road...........hmmmmmm, not one.
 
I lived in RC for10 yrears but now in orange co. you need to make it to coffee and cars in Irvine on Saturdays. The boss will go over big. I can not make it to the show until the end of july but hope to lot's of BOSSESS by then. My ETA is still the 27th and if I have it for the 4th I will drive it to Fallon for that week end. A short stop in Rocklin for some pics would be good.
 
Congrats and welcome to BMO! I haven't seen any around me either, but did talk to a guy who found one in a small town in South Dakota and trailered it home. I haven't seen it on the streets yet. The only other one I saw was the Laguna Seca I drove at the track. I went to my dealer's car show for a couple hours this weekend just to check out the cars. I parked over by the service dept (not in the show) and barely made it into the show because so many people were coming up and asking about the Boss lol.
 
Boss Ls said:
I lived in RC for10 yrears but now in orange co. you need to make it to coffee and cars in Irvine on Saturdays. The boss will go over big. I can not make it to the show until the end of july but hope to lot's of BOSSESS by then. My ETA is still the 27th and if I have it for the 4th I will drive it to Fallon for that week end. A short stop in Rocklin for some pics would be good.
What's up in Fallon? If you are driving by drop me a line and we can swap cell #'s and meet up. I'm not too far off of I-80. I used to live in HB as well. I miss the beach.
 
548
0
cloud9 said:
Congrats and welcome to BMO! I haven't seen any around me either, but did talk to a guy who found one in a small town in South Dakota and trailered it home. I haven't seen it on the streets yet. The only other one I saw was the Laguna Seca I drove at the track. I went to my dealer's car show for a couple hours this weekend just to check out the cars. I parked over by the service dept (not in the show) and barely made it into the show because so many people were coming up and asking about the Boss lol.
With the distribution being nationwide and so early in the delivery timetable, it makes sense that we aren't seeing many around yet. Especially where I live in a smaller town, it may be some time before I see another one. But since we're in a popular tourist town, I imagine one will come down from the twin cities sometime over the summer. I certainly get stares from anyone here that knows what one is - the guy at O'reilly auto parts actually came out of the store to get phone camera photos to send to his friends. But the other side of the deal is that while it is sure flashy, the majority of every dayers have no clue what it is or why it is a significant vehicle.
For those of you tracking your cars, you're sure to run into plenty of folks who can appreciate what you've invested in. For me, I still can't believe I own one.
 
1,255
0
GA
jimprw said:
cloud9 said:
Congrats and welcome to BMO! I haven't seen any around me either, but did talk to a guy who found one in a small town in South Dakota and trailered it home. I haven't seen it on the streets yet. The only other one I saw was the Laguna Seca I drove at the track. I went to my dealer's car show for a couple hours this weekend just to check out the cars. I parked over by the service dept (not in the show) and barely made it into the show because so many people were coming up and asking about the Boss lol.
With the distribution being nationwide and so early in the delivery timetable, it makes sense that we aren't seeing many around yet. Especially where I live in a smaller town, it may be some time before I see another one. But since we're in a popular tourist town, I imagine one will come down from the twin cities sometime over the summer. I certainly get stares from anyone here that knows what one is - the guy at O'reilly auto parts actually came out of the store to get phone camera photos to send to his friends. But the other side of the deal is that while it is sure flashy, the majority of every dayers have no clue what it is or why it is a significant vehicle.
For those of you tracking your cars, you're sure to run into plenty of folks who can appreciate what you've invested in. For me, I still can't believe I own one.

I doubt that you will run into another Boss on a daily basis unless you know or live right by someone with a Boss. There were almost 7,000 '08/'09 Bullitts built and if I see one two or three times a year outside of a Bullitt get-together, that is a lot.

I like not seeing myself on the road every day. When I had a '07 Redfire GT it seemed like a passed a Red Mustang GT 2 or 3 times a day on the way to work.
 
Welcome!

Nice color choice ! I'm in S. Florida (Davie/Pembroke Pines), waiting on my RR/Blk.
One Boss sighting in the area so far reported to me by my son and a local PD friend- a white one.

I am trying to convince the PD friend, who happens to be moto - to escort/engage me in a high speed test drive (chase?) down a deserted highway when I get mine. Only problem is he says he wants to be the one driving the Boss!
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top