The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

90hp in a modern cam, port work and some other details...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Thanks for posting that! If you go to the whole playlist for the videos of that engine rebuild, there's some seriously good info from very knowledable people. I just spent the evening watching the ones on block machining, pistons & conrods, cam design, and top end assembly & dyno testing.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
I’ve been following the series on You Tube. 300hp from the 9.0 compression motor. Lake is planning on running g it at VIR.

I thought it was making 300hp because they hurt the motor. Originally the engine made 690hp and now it's 780hp. Was really surprised it was only 9:1, that was very surprising to me.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Me also.
They bought the motor off the internet. It had not run in years. The story on you tube shows the process they went through fairly well. I love who they got to hone the cylinders.
The Dyno sheet they got with the motor may be suspect. Shocking. Dish pistons along with aging did not help the power levels. What do they call that?? An EBay rebuild, just a coat of new paint. Lol :ohdamn:

TMO Supporting Vendors