The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

90mm TB can be tuned now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Wondering if their is any updated news on running a 90mm Ford or BBK throttle body? I thought they where hard to tune? Didn't want to burn the extra cash for a Cobra setup just yet. Is a 84.5 or 85mm TB a better bet?

I think I saw somewhere that the opening to the boss manifold is 83.5mm? I guess that would make 90mm somewhat overkill?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Mad Hatter said:
Wondering if their is any updated news on running a 90mm Ford or BBK throttle body? I thought they where hard to tune? Didn't want to burn the extra cash for a Cobra setup just yet. Is a 84.5 or 85mm TB a better bet?

I think I saw somewhere that the opening to the boss manifold is 83.5mm? I guess that would make 90mm somewhat overkill?

Have no knowledge of the 90mm but can tell you the 84.5mm works fine without a tune. I have no regrets on the install coupled with the Airaid PJ CAI. There was a relearn but that's about it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel