The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

92db limit with 2019 active exhaust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello guys,

Just got turned around at an event after 2 laps for going over the 92db sound limit by 2 db. I do have kooks headers and was in normal mode (I learned later that no matter the mode, the traps open at wot over a certain RPM).

I'm guessing normal or quiet mode would be alright if the flaps stayed were they are set. I heard of defeat devices for the older cars, but what about 18-19's?

FYI, the location of the mic is undisclosed and moved during the event, so pipes to one side or another are not an option.

I'm considering unplugging the flaps but wondering if lapping for a day in quiet mode could damage the mufflers.

TMO Supporting Vendors