The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

94 octane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
If it's not pinging on 93 there is no real benefit. I run 93 plus a bottle of torco fuel additive because I have a custom tune and run more timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Grant 302 said:
I hate you just a little ;) just kiddin'

We only have 91 pisstane here :'( And I pay 7.99 to 9.99 for 100 octane for track use to bump it up.
just use a bottle or torco. Whole lot cheaper

Justin

Grant 302 said:
I'd do that if I could find it locally. I used to use/buy by the case when I drag raced, but I don't like storing flammables at the house now.
i get mine from amazon case at a time.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
buland said:
91, 93, 94 octane, guys, my condolence ;-)

i run my bosses with 98 or (mostly) 100 octane
Different methods of rating octane in Europe. Those are the research numbers, in the States our gas is rated by the average of the Research plus the Motor octane. Your 100 is about 94 US octane.
Steve

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
mostly on-topic, I don't know if this is well known, but here

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

is a list of ethanol free gas stations and the 92/93/94 high test ones are called out. As are 100/110.

they also have a map page here

http://pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html

so you can zoom by your locale on the map and find ethanol free stations.

I am using this to plan to drive my Boss to track attack and only fill up on high test. It doesn't hurt that Idaho and Utah just recently raised the speed limits 8)

Edit: Every tank in my Boss has been Ethanol free except the 1st which came from the dealer on the East Coast. I aim to keep it that way!

TMO Supporting Vendors