The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

949 Racing Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will be interesting to see what they weigh. I'm not a big fan of 12 spoke wheels but that's just a personal preference. Maybe this will give @APEXRaceParts motivation to make R spec wheels or maybe a rotatable 19x11.5 wheel set.

DFW, TX
Will be interesting to see what they weigh. I'm not a big fan of 12 spoke wheels but that's just a personal preference. Maybe this will give @APEXRaceParts motivation to make R spec wheels or maybe a rotatable 19x11.5 wheel set.
They list the weights their website. They are pretty comprable, but they will not be available until June

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a friend that works there. I don't love the design, but they're racers and the wheel testing, strength, features and weight are all really appealing.

18x11s are on their list for the regular S550 and I'll probably grab a set when they become available.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This is the "bigger" version of their very popular (and highly-tested) 15x10 "6UL" Miata wheel. 949 races what they sell, and they don't use it lightly. I suspect their GT350 wheel will be very nice.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
There will be more of an official launch from our camp coming soon, but since you mentioned it Rick, new wheel specifications and updated features are going to be available in our new SM-10 design for the S197, S550 and S550 GT350 in the coming months :cool:

- Ryan

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel