The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A/C Delete Kit for 2012 Mustang GT ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I don't think you will need a kit.

For the under hood portion of your a/c system, the 2012 GT 5.0 Coyote should use a separate A/C compressor belt, (stretch belt, no tensioners) so no A/C compressor removal kit is needed.

Take a look at your GT A/C compressor drive belt, it should be the same as the 2012 Boss 302 U-Code engine.

Let us know what you find out.
302 Hi Pro

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don't think the GTs have the same A/C arrangement. The Boss A/C belt doesn't have a tensioner and uses a Boss specific belt. There's a kit to change that to a tensioner setup from LMR. CR3Z8620AA

I gotta look at the GT when it stops raining. Pretty sure it's different than the Boss.

It depends how much you're going to delete. Everything can be unbolted and removed, but if your going to leave everything behind the firewall, you'll want to plug the lines there. I'll try to find Gary's thread on his A/C removal.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Looks like the same type single belt/no tensioner on my '11 GT. The Boss just has a different, Boss specific belt.

This is Gary's a/c removal thread:
AC: Fix it or junk it?

There's a tool to remove the belt that 'walks' the belt off the pulley. Most just cut it.

Recover the fluid and start unbolting.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel