The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 A Canadian Mustang in Texas Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Fort Worth
Supercharger install is finally in progress. I spent about six hours today pulling out the old intake and all the hoses and wires. Tomorrow, it starts going back together. So far the worst parts:
- The secret hidden stud on the back of the passenger side head that holds the hard lines for the coolant lines that run under the well. For anyone trying this, it's a 13mm stud and you really can only find it by feeling up the backside of the engine with the battery tray removed.
- Removing the 90 degree push lock heater core connections at the firewall. Those things are clearly designed to never come out. The secret to those seems to be to bring a friend and tag team them by having someone push the tab from each side.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Fort Worth
2 months later and I'm almost finished (with this phase at least). I finally found and squashed all the electrical gremlins and am just doing some final tuning, cleanup and wire routing. This was a lot harder than I expected but still managed to get everything in and working correctly. I got some new tires and will be back on track the 16th.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel