The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A day of affirmation!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As you may recall, I'm a BMW guy at heart and considered the E9x M for my next car before going with the GT. Today I had a chance to autox against an equal driver in a stock M and I came out ahead by a bit less than .1 sec! Good to have some proof for my Bimmer friends that I wasn't completely crazy!!

SVE Drifts and hoosiers are on their way along with race pads, fluid and cooling. First track day with the car will be in two weeks. Looking forward to seeing this thing really shine!

Yep. It was this article that got my attention and eventually led to me buying a Boss 302.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1010_2011_2011_ford_mustang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comparison/

2011-BMW-M3-coupe-2011-mustang-GT-front-ends-2.jpg

When these comparos first started coming out (and before I really looked at the Mustang), I thought Ford was doing it by using near track rubber (read: cheater tires). I also thought the LS was the car Ford designed to beat the M3 (duh, a practical track car with aero beats a street car). Didn't expect the GT to be on par until I started driving it.

cosm3os said:
When these comparos first started coming out (and before I really looked at the Mustang), I thought Ford was doing it by using near track rubber (read: cheater tires). I also thought the LS was the car Ford designed to beat the M3 (duh, a practical track car with aero beats a street car). Didn't expect the GT to be on par until I started driving it.
+1. I never even considered until the 5.0 was relaunched. The BOSS made me commit. What did it for me was the enhanced handling over the GT. as I was seriously considering the M3, I have to say the BOSS was the right choice as it has a ton more soul and saved me $20+K.

cosm3os said:
Remember the only Pixie Dust in the LS is the R comp tires. ;)

NFSBOSS said:
Remember the only Pixie Dust in the LS is the R comp tires. ;)

Think it had a few more changes.. Not sure the R comp tires where the big advantage..
Slightly different sway bar/ tire size/x brace.. no rear seat.. ( where most ppl went with their Boss's)
But it was really the gauge package that put it over the top...and of course the Red trim. :)

Thought LS dampners where better then stock Boss also, and stiffer springs. It always feels good having a crude American sports car that can keep up with cars twice the price.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel