The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

a different in car video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Ron's effect on attractive women is the same on and off the track. Was that Rosary Beads she was holding on to ?? ;D

What is she holding in her hand? A remote for...? ;D

She was holding the communicator.
When I look at it now I think I should have gone faster.It would have made for better video.But I didn't want her to get sick in my car or have an unpleasant experience .

PeteInCT

Connecticut
She was holding the communicator. I still say those were Rosary beads...

When I look at it now I think I should have gone faster. It would have made for better video. Agreed - you blew it. I'm terribly disappointed.... ::)

But I didn't want her to get sick in my car or have an unpleasant experience. That wasn't your car - no excuses ! ;D

I assume you are skipping on LRP today ?

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
"No it's a Sunday drive, you shouldn't be scared" Great line :D. Reminds me of how I try to convince my fiancee that I'm taking it easy on winding back roads.

PeteInCT said:

When I look at it now I think I should have gone faster. It would have made for better video. Agreed - you blew it. I'm terribly disappointed.... ::)

But I didn't want her to get sick in my car or have an unpleasant experience. That wasn't your car - no excuses ! ;D

Skipped LRP.Trying for next Friday with SCDA.See you there ?
It was my car! I said to her "isn't this awesome"? Her reply was ."I wouldn't use that adjective"
When we went in to the pits at the end she said she was just glad she didn't pee her pants! WHEW!
Pete,I'm going to make you pee your pants in the cup car!

PeteInCT

Connecticut
roketman said:
PeteInCT said:

It was my car! I said to her "isn't this awesome"? Her reply was ."I wouldn't use that adjective"
When we went in to the pits at the end she said she was just glad she didn't pee her pants! WHEW!

You heard it here guys, he wants me to pee in his new cup car. Video to follow.... ;D

MA
Haha! Pete, better where your Depends. Sounds like he is fixing to take you on a death ride!

And "Cup Car" as in GT2 or 3?

quote author=PeteInCT link=topic=3302.msg52914#msg52914 date=1350731147]
roketman said:
PeteInCT said:

You heard it here guys, he wants me to pee in his new cup car. Video to follow.... ;D

[/quote]

PeteInCT

Connecticut
A Porsche Cup car is a factory built race car based on the GT3 platform I believe. It's not a turbo. Very light and stupid fast. Excellent handling, not that same suspension as in the 'street' Porsche's. The only cat that can make me pee my pants is something that breaks the sound barrier on the salt flats, so I think Ron's seats have a bright future ;D

MA
Thanks Pete.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing one in the advanced group last time I was at LRP. I was indeed, stupid fast and laying waste to all challengers.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
If the one you saw was a baby blue color, that one actually is a 700 HP twin turbo concoction. It is the faster car I've ever seen on a track, bar none. Last season when I was still driving my Audi TTS, which was no slouch of a car (342 HP, 352 ft/lbs, 3200 lbs, DSG tranny), he was just behind me coming off the downhill and I gave him a point by. He reach the end of the main straight and I was just short of the tower (aka less than 1/2 way down the straight). I assume he was easily hitting 155+ MPH on that day on that short straight. The Prototypes that race that track hit those speeds, but nothing else I am aware of.

TMO Supporting Vendors