The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A Dream comes true

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
After selling my Chrysler 300C i searched for a Boss as a DD.
Now i found one in Florida and i bought it.

It's a GHIG 2013 with 8500 Miles tintet Windows and a Magnaflow Competition Catback.
Even the Owners Packages is in the Car ;-)

If i know more about the Boss i let you know.

Greetings from Switzerland
Andreas

A two Boss family, I like it. I wonder how many other BMO members have owned THREE 2012/2013 Boss 302's?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Andreas:
Good to see you here too. Congratulation on the purchase of your new Boss. I'm sure you will keep them ticking like a fine Swiss watch. Happy New Year to you, 2HP

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Well, you selected an excellent color!!! Welcome to the group!!!

How much does it cost to move a vehicle like that across the Atlantic? Any special things that had to be changed to make it road worthy there?

John

buland

jneary said:
Well, you selected an excellent color!!! Welcome to the group!!!

How much does it cost to move a vehicle like that across the Atlantic? Any special things that had to be changed to make it road worthy there?

John

Hi John

All the costs (shipping in a Container (from East coast to Switzerland), VAT, Customs duties, Car Taxes and Conversions for road worthy) for a car with a purchase price from $40000 are approximately $12000.

Conversion so that the Boss corresponds to the Swiss Road Traffic Act are that the sequential turn light must be switched off, the exhaust must be a little bit quieter, the front sidemarker must be a turn signal and the HID Headlamps must be have a washer system.

@all: thank you, i'm happy that i have found this car. now i can keep the laguna seca in showroom quality :)

In Germany, TUV had a problem with the 3rd brake light, you can have 2 or 4. Now I think it's standard on new cars. Made sense with the 3rd, you could see it between the seats of the car in front of you.

buland

302BOB said:
Why do they have a problem with the sequential turn signals? ??? That's one of the things that makes this car so special!!!!!... ???

a stupid law like many others in switzerland. because of that you all can be happy to live in the beautyful usa ;)

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
I guess Dynomax, Borla and Flowmaster don't sell a lot of product in Switzerland?! Are you talking more quiet than the stock system with the side pipes covered up?

WOW!

John

buland

the side pipes from the bss are now street legal in switzerland, but we weld? a little glaspack just before the muffler.
and when the car passed the test we take everything out again ;) ;) and put in the 7/8 restrictor plates

buland said:
the side pipes from the bss are now street legal in switzerland, but we weld? a little glaspack just before the muffler.
and when the car passed the test we take everything out again ;) ;) and put in the 7/8 restrictor plates
Andreas is right, there are most stupid laws here in Switzerland ;D
Patrick / Genf

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Andreas,

Have sold quite a few used vehicles in Switzerland over the years and it is tough to get through the noise standards. Understand all you had to go through and I imagine the Boss gets plenty of admiring looks in your beautiful Country. Hopefully you will have a 2015 to go with the others, as there is a good chance you will be able to purchase one new in Europe -- let's hope in Switzerland. Few folks realize that there are probably more American cars sold in your Country , per capita, than any other on the European Continent.

Enjoy and send us shots of you driving this Spring and Summer!!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Congrats. Maybe my brother will see one of your Bosses there on the roads as he lives in Zurich. Keeps razzing me he sees more high end cars on a daily basis than he ever did in the US.

TMO Supporting Vendors