The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

a little competition orange love

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Has anyone actually seen a CO/BK car in person? Outdoors? I was reading a thread over the themustangsource about the Detroit Auto Show CO car that was on the dyno. He described it as cloudy....like tomato soup with milk. I don't want to make a mistake on the color.... :-\

Yes, I have seen one in person in several different lighting situations - outside and inside. The brightness of the light seems to affect how "reddish", "tomato soupish", or "orangy" it looks. To me, it also looks like a slightly darker orange than the competition orange from the SN-95 Mustangs.

This color will be very distinct.

Tony Alonso said:
cloud9 said:
Has anyone actually seen a CO/BK car in person? Outdoors? I was reading a thread over the themustangsource about the Detroit Auto Show CO car that was on the dyno. He described it as cloudy....like tomato soup with milk. I don't want to make a mistake on the color.... :-\

To me, it also looks like a slightly darker orange than the competition orange from the SN-95 Mustangs.

Good, that's what I was hoping. I hoped the black accents would "darken" it as well. Darker Orange would be better than tomato soup. ;D

Distinct as in cool or as in "who the heck would buy that color?"

cloud9 said:
Tony Alonso said:
cloud9 said:

To me, it also looks like a slightly darker orange than the competition orange from the SN-95 Mustangs.

Good, that's what I was hoping. I hoped the black accents would "darken" it as well. Darker Orange would be better than tomato soup. ;D

Distinct as in cool or as in "who the heck would buy that color?"

Distinct as in "cool, that is THE 2012 Boss color!"

ArizonaGT said:
Race Red crew, signing in!

BOSSRedsmall.jpg
That's my baby.....just ordered Saturday should be here late March or early April. Love the red/black combo. Cann't wait. But whatever color you guys order I didn't think you will be disappointed.

I'm gonna drive to the Chicago Auto Show on Monday (from Lincoln Ne.) for one reason, to see the CO in person.

I wanted this color but after many months of assorted pictures portraying it as reddish, yellowish, brownish, dull/flat, eye-popping with allot of punch, boring, exciting,,,,,

I must see it in person because I want the signature color for the 2012 BOSS.

If it makes me smile, I'll be changing to CO, but if it looks like Tomato Soup, then, I'll give up ""THE 2012 SIGNATURE BOSS COLOR""

I have lost way to much sleep agonizing over this color, I've changed my mind many times because of pictures, my salesman is probably going bananas over all the times I changed color selection, well, hopefully, I'll be able to put my mind at ease on Monday.

GA
LQQK said:
I'm gonna drive to the Chicago Auto Show on Monday (from Lincoln Ne.) for one reason, to see the CO in person.

I wanted this color but after many months of assorted pictures portraying it as reddish, yellowish, brownish, dull/flat, eye-popping with allot of punch, boring, exciting,,,,,

I must see it in person because I want the signature color for the 2012 BOSS.

If it makes me smile, I'll be changing to CO, but if it looks like Tomato Soup, then, I'll give up ""THE 2012 SIGNATURE BOSS COLOR""

I have lost way to much sleep agonizing over this color, I've changed my mind many times because of pictures, my salesman is probably going bananas over all the times I changed color selection, well, hopefully, I'll be able to put my mind at ease on Monday.

If that is the only reason I wouldn't bother going. The CO will not look right under that convention center lighting. I would not base my decision on what it looks like there. If it is the same CO I have seen on 2003/4 Mach 1, to me it looks more like Home Depot orange.

I saw a red white boss in Omaha under terrible lights.

The pics from Chicago look to be under fairly good light.

I don't want to see a CO boss running around town and regret not going with it after the fact.

Ditka's, Harrycarry's, HOB, are also on my list of places to visit in Chicago.

LQQK said:
I don't want to see a CO boss running around town and regret not going with it after the fact.
Then it's a good thing you're going to see it. My son's a freshman at Nebraska so you might see mine running around at some point ;D I am looking forward to your report and pics. I really would like to see one as well, but at this point I'm sticking with my original decision on color. My build starts two weeks from Monday so I'm pretty much at or past the point of no return.

cloud9 said:
LQQK said:
Then it's a good thing you're going to see it. My son's a freshman at Nebraska so you might see mine running around at some point ;D I am looking forward to your report and pics. I really would like to see one as well, but at this point I'm sticking with my original decision on color. My build starts two weeks from Monday so I'm pretty much at or past the point of no return.

I still unfortunately can change colors.

Pictures will be posted when I return.

It did look great (CO) but I'm going with RED&BLACK!!!

My camera/phone battery died at the show and the picture below is from the Chicago Show but not my phone.

I had changed to RED earlier with a possible change back to CO and after seeing the RED CS with the CO at the show, I decided I'll stay with RED, PLUS, I do have HUSKERS license plates.

The CO is gonna look sweet on the street, the lighting was more natural than at Omaha.

One of the Ford reps at the show showed me a Dyno graph from the CO BOSS with Black Key & Red Key on his smart phone, He started to explain what it meant (because I told him I don't know what I'm looking at) and then was pulled away by his Boss when a problem arose with the BOSS on the Dyno (they canceled all Dyno runs for the rest of Sunday)

The graph showed the Black key starting lower left, rising, and peaking like a hill and going back down, the Red started at the left much higher and had a very small climb because there was no more room for it to go up and only slightly came back down, he said that the Red key is very desired for racing because it was so level across the graph.

He also said it would be almost impossible to drive the BOSS on the street with the RED key activated.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
He probably showed you the torque curves, judging by what you're saying...right now I'd kill someone to see a picture of that comparison!

Edit: What went wrong w/ the dyno car????? I hope it was the dyno that broke...

If anyone is going to the show, ask the bald-headed young rep for a look at it,he did call it a torque curve.

TMO Supporting Vendors