The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

a little competition orange love

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They claimed and told the audience that someone had filled the tank with the wrong fuel and it would wreck havoc with the engine????

I didn't buy it, because it had been there for several days already and that was the excuse for shutting down the dyno demonstrations.

While I was hanging out all of the Ford reps with the BOSS were on cell phones and one older gentleman and definitely in charge got into a heated conversation with who ever was on the other end. When he got off he told the Miller-Motorsport driver that he was done for the day. I was standing right behind them,,very pissed off people (Ford reps and attendees)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
LQQK said:
While I was hanging out all of the Ford reps with the BOSS were on cell phones and one older gentleman and definitely in charge got into a heated conversation with who ever was on the other end. When he got off he told the Miller-Motorsport driver that he was done for the day. I was standing right behind them,,very pissed off people (Ford reps and attendees)

Weird, definitely more to the story than we're hearing. Sounds like someone pissed in his Cheerios!

It got to the top of 4th in a hurry. I calc'd that 4th gear at 7500 RPM on the stock Pirelli's is 122.86 mph. He says 120 mph in the video. It was roughly 10 seconds of video time which is obviously not that accurate. My GT500 traps at 122 mph at the top of 4th but the trans gearing and tire size are different. I wonder what the theoretical 1/4 mile time and speed would be? Obviously there was minimal wheel spin on the dyno.

LQQK said:
One of the Ford reps at the show showed me a Dyno graph from the CO BOSS with Black Key & Red Key on his smart phone, He started to explain what it meant (because I told him I don't know what I'm looking at) and then was pulled away by his Boss when a problem arose with the BOSS on the Dyno (they canceled all Dyno runs for the rest of Sunday)

The graph showed the Black key starting lower left, rising, and peaking like a hill and going back down, the Red started at the left much higher and had a very small climb because there was no more room for it to go up and only slightly came back down, he said that the Red key is very desired for racing because it was so level across the graph.

He also said it would be almost impossible to drive the BOSS on the street with the RED key activated.
I wonder why he's saying it would be almost impossible to drive on the street with the RED key. There must be more to it than the torque curve? My GT500 torque curve sounds very similar to the dyno chart you saw. It spikes from about 2500-3000 RPM and stays relatively flat out to the rev limiter of 6500 RPM.

Attachments

• garyvmptune.bmp
    853.8 KB · Views: 183

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hate speculative stuff like this but my only guess would be the increase in throttle sensitivity compared to stock.

I'm not anticipating that's going to be a problem, though...I love the "aggressive" pedal on my aftermarket tune. Makes for very easy heel-toe downshifts.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GIVE US MORE INFO, FORD! God I hope the media is quick about reporting out after this media day coming up...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Too bad she wasn't at the Omaha show ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDOrarycKk&feature=related

WHY HELLO THERE... ;D

cloud9 said:
Too bad she wasn't at the Omaha show ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDOrarycKk&feature=related

I talked to her for about 10 minutes/////I have no Idea what we talked about)))) then the other HOT show girl showed up and))))) well I had to take a walk and everywhere you went were MODELS, VERY VERY HOT MODELS.

Did she call the Boss sexy??? :eek:

There was no dyno at the Sacramento show but there were models. This one was very friendly, it's a good thing my kids were with me. ;) There were also two other blonde models but they weren't nearly as friendly. Additional pics I took of the silver LS can be found at the attached link.

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/duffinator1/Mustang/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ28

P1010474.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors