The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

a little competition orange love

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_fr_new.jpg

2012_mustang_boss_302_top-1280x800.jpg

ford_mustang_boss_302-1280x800.jpg

2012_ford_mustang-boss-302_r34_ns_81710_815.jpg

oops!! how'd that one get in there?

I really never imagined owning an orange car. My favorite is 5 DOT Os color, but the wife said I already had a blue car and she like the "intimidation factor" of the orange. Who was I to argue with a wife letting me have both????

cloud9 said:
I really never imagined owning an orange car. My favorite is 5 DOT Os color, but the wife said I already had a blue car and she like the "intimidation factor" of the orange. Who was I to argue with a wife letting me have both????
Good idea not to argue with that logic.

My favorite might be the red/black or black/red. I've owned red, white, black, yellow, and silver cars in the past but never blue. So blue it is this time around. I agree all of the color combos look great and the 2013 colors look great as well. I'm a bigger fan of the 1970/2013 stripes but I'm not waiting for that. I was planning on buying a kona blue GT 5.0 but switched to the Boss when they became available.

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
Does this one need any competition orange highlights? Hah.

Boss-302-Sidewheels302s2.png

Kona Blue is my choice! 8) I think I would end up with those wheels too- not quite feeling the stock standard Boss wheels.

Thanks Arizona GT...I have a race red/black stripe Boss ordered and this is the first picture I have seen of the race red. Absolutely no regrets on the red and black...by the way if you have not seen the race red in person....check it out...pictures do not do the color justice. But again I like all the colors and the white/black was tempting. If Ford could figure out how to get the metal parts and the plastic parts the same color white I would probably have ordered white/black stripes.

OneSVTFan said:
Thanks Arizona GT...I have a race red/black stripe Boss ordered and this is the first picture I have seen of the race red. Absolutely no regrets on the red and black...by the way if you have not seen the race red in person....check it out...pictures do not do the color justice. But again I like all the colors and the white/black was tempting. If Ford could figure out how to get the metal parts and the plastic parts the same color white I would probably have ordered white/black stripes.
That's a photo shop of the red/black car and I have not been able to find a photo of a real one yet. Only red/white. But it looks good none the less. Congratulations with your Boss order and welcome to Boss Mustangs.

IMG_4632.jpg

Has anyone actually seen a CO/BK car in person? Outdoors? I was reading a thread over the themustangsource about the Detroit Auto Show CO car that was on the dyno. He described it as cloudy....like tomato soup with milk. I don't want to make a mistake on the color.... :-\

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
OneSVTFan said:

As noted before, it's a photo shop of a CO car. I hope to see a real race red BOSS w/ black stripe package soon. The Red with White looks great, but the white roof killed it for me. I've seen a few race red mustangs and can't wait to get mine!

TMO Supporting Vendors