The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A new player has emerged in the roll bar game...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Inept $1 that once you remove side panels and back seat and install this or any bar you won't be removing it and reinstalling it to take the kids for ice cream. Install it permanently with a clean rear seat delete set up and be happy with the extra protection and harness anchor points.
Steve

Not sure what to think about the back stays going into the center of the car instead of outboard like all other designs, then again I am not an engineer........

I can see the concerns with the inboard mounting of the two back stays but think of it this way. Watson's builds the race cars for Ford and works very closely with them. I bet they have greater access to engineering and crash test data than all the other bar manufacturers combined. Not to mention crash data from the race cars. Because of this I'm not going to second guess them on a track day bar.

With a roll bar installed I'm not sure there's any situation where I'd put a passenger back there for fear of killing them in a crash. Maybe a rear facing infant seat but that's about it. If you're going to install a roll bar it's time to say goodbye to your rear seat.

steveespo said:
Inept $1 that once you remove side panels and back seat and install this or any bar you won't be removing it and reinstalling it to take the kids for ice cream. Install it permanently with a clean rear seat delete set up and be happy with the extra protection and harness anchor points.
Steve
Yep

Mike ... I already prepped my car for this rollbar install. First, good luck with the scuff plates, those little blue clips are tough. Also, take your time removing the factory gussets. A lot of adhesive around the forward outer edge. Use a one inch metal putty knive and drive it in there to cut throw the gooey stuff ... Gregg

TMO Supporting Vendors