The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A newb with a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First off, I'm new here! My name is Jay Woodson, I live in Sherwood, AR and just picked up a Race Red 2013 Boss #1972. I traded in a 2011 Mustang GT/CS on it (also Race Red, BTW). I love love love the car!

So, here's my question in long form. For a little background, I had my 2011 lowered on Eibach pro springs. It looked awesome, rode like crap in my opinion. The Boss rides sooo much nicer and I don't want to screw that up. However, I would like the car to have an even stance. In other words, I'd like to lower the rear without sacrificing the time and effort Ford has went into to give me great handling and a pretty smooth ride (I'm getting older, I like the smooth ride!).

I've read a bunch of threads here about P springs, and that may be the way to go for me. I also read a thread about Boss Specific racing springs but that thread said they hadn't been released yet.

Basically what it comes down to is if I have to sacrifice ride quality and handling for looks, I won't lower it. I'll leave it alone. I appreciate the advice! Thanks!!

TMO Supporting Vendors