The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

a number of Blowfish Racing products validated yesterday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, for the first time since my son was born, I was able to attend a track day. I went to Summit Point for their Friday at the Track to instruct and run my car a bit and try out the new lowered stance, compliments of H&R springs. It did not turn out as planned...
v8up.jpg

Front Tow Hook Kit: FATT doesn't do hot pulls, but even though they had time and didn't have to worry about watching out for cars, I am sure they appreciated the ability to quickly hook up and go. the flatbed driver also appreciated the ease of hook up and i am happy to report that even being suspended on a 15-20 degree angle, the tow hook was flawless...not that I had any doubt. I engineered them and tested them. now, both the recovery and wrecker used metal hooks, so the finish is toast. the Blowfish Racing Loop Protector Strap would have been money, but I left it on my desk at home. In the end, I have had my tow hook on for over a year now and it proved its worth. You don't think you need a tow hook since you don't have a race car? think again.

Fire Extinguisher Mount: When I went off track, I ended up in grass that was a bit overdue for cutting. with the H&R springs and short hoosiers, there was no daylight under my car and the grass was smoldering on my hot exhaust. I was getting worried until I remembered I had an extinguisher mounted in arms reach. luckily, I didn't need to use it, but I was VERY glad to have it. Again, don't think you need an extinguisher because you don't have a race car? think again!

TPMS Canister: well, its not an official Blowfish Racing item, but I proved that popping a pressurized canister filled with 4 TPMS sensors and 40psi into the glove box, does, in fact, eliminate the flashing light on the dash. If you are interested in one of your own, pop over to eBay to buy one at what I think is a really good price.

Brake Cooling Ducts: well, they work great, and have worked great for the past year.

Team Dynamics Wheels: man, I love these wheels! I need to get a set for the street, so i'm not lugging 62lb wheel/tires ever again. and matte black is definitely the way to go for a track wheel. the brake dust just enhances the matte look ;D

So, everybody run out and buy lots of the aforementioned parts...I have to buy a new engine :'(

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Not sure, but a 7/10ths run resulted in a ceized engine. No warning, no lights, normal operating temp, no smoke, no fluid leaks, ...no ideas.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Good observation! I had to put the street wheels/tires on to give enough ground clearance to get up the rollback!

Funny thing is, when I heard what car it was my first thought was that you were trying to show me how good your tow hooks work so I would buy one! Sorry about your motor and I hope it gets fixed soon so you can get back on track.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Ha! The extreme sales pitch...blow the motor to sell a tow hook!

So when can I ship ya one, Chris? I'll give you a discount for pulling my broke ass mustang to the pits;)

I am going to call my dealer Monday to discuss warranty. Hopefully they don't immediately deny me for the tune. I think oil starvation was the culprit and the tune can't do that.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the engine...good luck with the fix.

Also glad to have one of your (early) tow hooks too. 8) Just hope I don't need to use it anytime soon.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
That would make a very crappy day for sure. I am curious as to what they do for warranty. Friend back home has a 2011 his motor cracked number 8 piston and he has a custom tune and I am betting they tell him to go kick rocks.

pufferfish said:
I am going to call my dealer Monday to discuss warranty. Hopefully they don't immediately deny me for the tune. I think oil starvation was the culprit and the tune can't do that.
That's awful, how do you think that happened.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel