The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"A" sedan, insanity at it's finest..McDermid wins in a mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forget that McDermid won the runoffs in A sedan from the third spot, at the start of the race Tom sloe was hit and spun..it may have been McDermid..maybe not, hard to tell, Sloe then came from the back of the pack to third spot on the podium in a fantastic run..what he did next was inexcusable...
He pulled off the track on the last lap and waited for McDermid who was leading and crashed him out. McDermid was able to recover for the win, since he had a large enough lead to still recover.
Think about that, instead of running an incredible third spot, and getting a well deserved hard charger award, he dropped out of the race on the last lap, and waited to take out the leader of the race...I would like to emphasize "during" the last lap, not after the checker, which means the wreck could've taken out several other competitors. This was not the first time Sloe has lost his temper on the track and created a wreck. It was not a racing "accident" it was a well thought out retaliation which may put it out of jurisdiction of the SCCA and into the hands of law enforcement.
Here's the clean version of it
What is sad is the fact that the guy seems to have some real talent, most wankers are doodling around in the back, the fact that this guys has speed in his car and talent, makes his actions all the more inexscusable.
http://www.scca.com/articles/2002826-andy-mcdermid-wins-eighth-scca-national-championship-in-american-sedan-thriller#comment_2337554

I saw that. What an *insert your favorite word here*. I think he got a 1 year ban for it? That punishment doesn't really seem to fit the crime...lifetime ban and then we're talking. Clown.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Absolutely shameful behavior.

I'm very happy to see that Tom's crash plan failed and Andy recovered for the win. After all, if the opening lap skirmish was Andy's fault, then Tom should have spent th $50 and filed a drivers protest through SCCA's channels. Just my thoughts,

302 Hi Pro

Asedan is a great class ran it for a long time. If you go to asedan.net you can find an article about Tom getting kicked out of the club. Well deserved. To bad he's very fast.

Matt

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel