The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aaron Shelby (Carroll Shelby's grandson) takes delivery of his 2015 GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Shelby took delivery of his 2015 Shelby GT350 this afternoon at Sam Pack Ford Plano. Corey White is presenting him the keys.
aaronshelby3_zpsye1o4ppw.png

Very cool! 8)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I don't count the Shelby American "GT350" that came out a couple years ago. Just a body kit and a bunch of parts from the FRPP catalog for a LOT of money. No real effort made there.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
That is nice, and it's the first pic I've seen with all 3 generations together.

Interesting to note that the stripes used on the S550 GT350 are proportionally thinner than the original GT350.

2HP

I wish they would have made Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue stripes an option on the GT350. I think that would have been pretty cool.

Glad to see that he still has both arms & legs. And thank GOD, someone has not snapped a photo of him driving around in a Z28.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
ArizonaBOSS said:
I don't count the Shelby American "GT350" that came out a couple years ago. Just a body kit and a bunch of parts from the FRPP catalog for a LOT of money. No real effort made there.

Rick: I disagree. The original '65 and '66 cars (including the '66 cross over cars) were built and modified at SAI with Ford Performance parts back then to make them GT350s and R's after receiving blank canvass cars from Ford. They were true Shelbys having been modified as specified by SAI by SAI. The second generation GT350 is a true Shelby modified car except that it is a post title car unlike the '65/'66 which was a pre-title car. The second gen cars do carry Shelby DNA in addition to the name. They still trade for strong numbers.

The 3rd generation GT350 is a bumper to bumper Ford product built and spec'd by Ford Motor Company and carries the Shelby GT350 name under license. No real Shelby DNA except the name.

The Latest GT350 is most likely the direction Shelby would have taken, in cooperation with Ford.
The Shelby/Ford relationship has not always been the cozy marriage everyone perceived.
The evolution of the 69/70 Mach1, hurt the Shelby product.
Ford took Shelby's styling clues, thus the Mach 1
Shelby was left with the Javelin style 69/70
Any success Ford products have had relative to performance started with Shelby.
Ford was not always the best partner relative to the Shelby relationship.
Keep in mind Ford most likely viewed Shelby as a vendor. If they had viewed him as a partner, we would not have had so many crappy Mustangs. I Bleed Ford Blue. And I know this is going to offend some. The 65/66 GT350 were Great cars for their time. The 67/68 Shelby's are Legends. Everything since leading up to the Boss, and now the GT350 left a lot to be desired relative to handling. A big thank you to Ford for waking up, and building cars people can enjoy. A special Thanks to Carol Shelby for his insight, and dedication to all car lovers dreams.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I don't think Shelby would have been involved with the development of the FPC motor or the IRS. Shelby was a mod shop for the most part.

There is no question SAI will have mods for the current GT350. Most likely blowers which seems to be what they throw at everything for the most part these days.

I don't know what other improvements they could make but we'll see.

TMO Supporting Vendors