The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Aaron's '98 GT "RIO" Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great meeting you at the Nebraska Region SCCA Solo event his Sunday. We do have a lot of Mustang owners running in our Region and Nebraska has many serious track rats. Good to see you joining and posting and there is alot of solid data, tech info, and camaraderie on this site. Look forward to seeing you at a future event and with Hastings just down the road from you check out the Ford and Mustang 10th Annual event coming this October ( www.racemph.com ).

I was running my son's EVO so my Boss S was not at Lincoln on Sunday -- it is primarily used to Road Race.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ogden, UT
Great meeting you at the Nebraska Region SCCA Solo event his Sunday. We do have a lot of Mustang owners running in our Region and Nebraska has many serious track rats. Good to see you joining and posting and there is alot of solid data, tech info, and camaraderie on this site. Look forward to seeing you at a future event and with Hastings just down the road from you check out the Ford and Mustang 10th Annual event coming this October ( www.racemph.com ).

I was running my son's EVO so my Boss S was not at Lincoln on Sunday -- it is primarily used to Road Race.

Thanks for reaching out! I was contemplating on attending the Mustang Roundup, but as I'm on a budget currently, I'm not sure if I'll be able to take MPH's driving school just so I can drive on the track. I'm still deciding if I should put that money towards HPDE school so I can obtain my license. The racing scene is still so new to me, it's tough deciding which avenue to take!!

Your son's EVO is beautiful! Definitely enjoyed watching you rip around the course!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Aaron,

There are some choices you can make for track time prior to the Mustang Roundup, though there is an instruction option with the event and we get many newcomers every year. There are introduction to the track mini schools ( check their calendar) available before the Roundup as well as a NASA event a month before the Roundup --- you can look up that under nasaproracing.com and then click on the Central Region.

The HPDE set up is super strong in our Region, often comprising the largest participant group. Lots of newcomers and so many become friends learning the area tracks together.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ogden, UT
Aaron,

There are some choices you can make for track time prior to the Mustang Roundup, though there is an instruction option with the event and we get many newcomers every year. There are introduction to the track mini schools ( check their calendar) available before the Roundup as well as a NASA event a month before the Roundup --- you can look up that under nasaproracing.com and then click on the Central Region.

The HPDE set up is super strong in our Region, often comprising the largest participant group. Lots of newcomers and so many become friends learning the area tracks together.

I guess I'll start looking into the NASA event in September then lol. Thank you!

TMO Supporting Vendors