The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ABS bleeding tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced ABS block bleeder tool. I searched some old posts but most of the links were dead. Amazon had several in the low $200 range which is reasonable but if anyone has personal experience with a cheaper tool that works (even with the race ABS module) I would love that info.

Good question. Subscribed.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Would be nice to have.... But I have never had any air problems in the abs before (in the Mustang at least)... Are you having problems??

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
No but am looking to change out all brake and clutch fluids while putting in the 302S ABS module and wonder if this tool might help. It would be great if it would shut off the idiot lights that will come on after the exchange. Not sure why the OP is asking.

I usually pressure bleed my '13 whenever opening up the system or changing fluid.

There are pressure bleeders available for less than $100 but...

I kluged up a spare brake reservoir cap with an air fitting so I can push about 7 psi into the reservoir. You have to refill after every corner bleed but it has been 100% effective so far.

Autel sells several tools that perform an auto bleed function. This is the way to go; no air exposure for brake fluid, and the ability to repeat the process from the drivers seat until you are satisfied.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Does the Forscan program work with the S197s? I used the Forscan program + OBDLink MX and the ABS bleed procedure only took a few minutes on my S550. Have to do a bleed from the calipers after, but the ABS bleed procedure is all done from the driver seat. All-in cost was $60 for the OBD adapter.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Does the Forscan program work with the S197s? I used the Forscan program + OBDLink MX and the ABS bleed procedure only took a few minutes on my S550. Have to do a bleed from the calipers after, but the ABS bleed procedure is all done from the driver seat. All-in cost was $60 for the OBD adapter.

Oddly, they still list S197 as not having that capability. I used it recently on S550 and on a 11 Raptor. I wonder what it would take to get it on S197 (its also been a while since I checked)

To answer previous question.....I'm not really having brake issues although I always feel my pedal is just a tad softer than I prefer. I just think if we are going to bleed the entire system then the ABS block should also be included. Just being thorough. I don't really know if I need to have the tool but if it's not expensive why not.

Slightly off topic but if I install new Stoptech front calipers and bleed all 4 brakes, am I going to have an issue with the ABS sensor?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Slightly off topic but if I install new Stoptech front calipers and bleed all 4 brakes, am I going to have an issue with the ABS sensor?
More then likely not at all... Specially if you do the change in one day and dont leave it dripping by gravity for a week!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel