The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AC Compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, my ac compressor stopped working Saturday night. I thought I would take it to the dealership on Monday. I didn't run the ac after Saturday. Monday morning I started getting a nasty, low frequency vibration coming through the pedals, steering column and shifter. I had to have it towed from work to a dealership. The dealer ordered a new ac compressor, which came in Thursday morning, but they didn't get around to installing it until this morning. After replacing the compressor, they discovered a leak in one of the ac lines. They had to order the line and it won't be in until tomorrow or Monday. So, I'm driving my girlfriend's Jeep Liberty (yay me) until then.

My father bought a 5 series BMW recently, it just got hot here so he tried to use the AC and it didn't work. he called the dealer, they looked up the car by his vin, and they said he needed a new compressor and some other parts. How did they know? It was reported on the PDI test drive by the tech but they didn't fix it before it was sold.

Okay...this is definitely the last Ford I buy in my life. The ac compressor hose kits are not currently available from Ford. The dealership I'm working with has been trying to get a hose through a vendor. Ford's Customer Care Center has assured me that the parts will be at the dealership within the next two weeks. Soooooo...I'm without my Boss for a month because Ford didn't bother to build any extra ac compressor hoses. Nice. I'm trading this thing in on a Challenger as soon as I get it back.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
12BossKB said:
Okay...this is definitely the last Ford I buy in my life. The ac compressor hose kits are not currently available from Ford. The dealership I'm working with has been trying to get a hose through a vendor. Ford's Customer Care Center has assured me that the parts will be at the dealership within the next two weeks. Soooooo...I'm without my Boss for a month because Ford didn't bother to build any extra ac compressor hoses. Nice. I'm trading this thing in on a Challenger as soon as I get it back.
Don't be so impatient. Ford will deliver. Don't make a rash decision until you calm down. First, question - does the Boss have its own separate AC compressor drive belt, or is it tied into the serpintine belt? If it has its own then you could just disconnect the compressor temporarily until your parts arrive. This way you will still have access to your wheels. I really don't think you would be pleased switching over to the Challenger.

Maybe they can pull one of a car in the showroom? I had my local dealer do that when they couldn't get a new parking brake cable assembly for my Bronco.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
12BossKB

I did some checking. Are you aware of the major parts and material supplier in Germany that had a major explosion recently? It is supposedly impacting auto production world wide and it could very well be impacting you ordering the AC parts you need for your Boss.

Take a look at this:

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-19/markets/31365191_1_original-equipment-suppliers-association-parts-global-automakers

Don't give up on Ford. The auto makers are downplaying this suppliers impact as they do not want any bad press. This is an issue that is out of Ford's hands.

MMD

12BossKB said:
I'd be frustrated too. Only advice I have is to ask a question: how well do you like your Boss? If you like the Challenger just as well and this AC gremlin would have tipped you to the Mopar had you known about it ahead of time, then you should get the car that makes you most satisfied. But I would first ask myself if I was just "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" as my great grandma used to say!

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
12BossKB said:
Got my car back yesterday afternoon and boy am I happy! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Glad it finally worked out for you. Looking back now, wouldn't you really feel awful had you walked away from your car because of this? At least calmer heads prevailed, either that or it was the scotch.. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors