The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AC: Fix it or junk it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Grant 302 said:
Those look like they'd probably work. adjacent sizes usually have some overlap for fitment since they're truncated cones.

Sorry about wasting your time at Autozone :(
No worries and thanks for the suggestion. It was on the way so only a couple minutes to stop, plus I picked up a new set of Mechanix gloves that I needed while I was there :) Tech just texted me that he found plugs........somebody's Taurus must have needed A/C work!

steveespo said:
We all need to buy 302 S or R cars.............nah we'll just make them one step at a time.
Probably have my A/c refrigerant recovered Saturday too.
Steve
LOL I basically said the same thing to my mechanic buddy last night. I was like, well that's just one more step toward racecar. It's got me thinking on what's next. He wants the big wing, but I'm not sure I have all the parts/support figured out for that. I wish someone made a complete kit.

BlackBoss - I'm actually getting a plug from a factory replacement expansion valve. It ships with a new one. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it's one piece that plugs both holes and fastens on the stud that sticks out of the firewall between the two holes. I'm planning to stop and pick it up tomorrow and I'll post a picture for you.

cloud9 said:
LOL I basically said the same thing to my mechanic buddy last night. I was like, well that's just one more step toward racecar. It's got me thinking on what's next. He wants the big wing, but I'm not sure I have all the parts/support figured out for that. I wish someone made a complete kit.

BlackBoss - I'm actually getting a plug from a factory replacement expansion valve. It ships with a new one. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it's one piece that plugs both holes and fastens on the stud that sticks out of the firewall between the two holes. I'm planning to stop and pick it up tomorrow and I'll post a picture for you.
Look forward to the pictures. Thanks.

I've been looking at the wing. Check this out for the trunk mounts:

http://shop.watsonracing.com/MUSTANG-G-STREAM-WING-MOUNTS-p/wr-rearwingspt.htm

Another item for the basement, plus I'll need to contact Pete for a bigger Motorcraft decal for the wing :D

Black Boss said:
Look forward to the pictures. Thanks.

I've been looking at the wing. Check this out for the trunk mounts:

http://shop.watsonracing.com/MUSTANG-G-STREAM-WING-MOUNTS-p/wr-rearwingspt.htm

Another item for the basement, plus I'll need to contact Pete for a bigger Motorcraft decal for the wing :D
Cool. What about the two rods in the center? I didn't see them listed as part of this support kit. Maybe we should put together a group buy ;D

Here's a pic of the expansion valve cap. Put some silicone into the center hole and slide it over the stud sticking out of the firewall and you're good to go.

20140604_111022_zps2e30e09f.jpg

20140604_184322_zps8541bf7f.jpg

Ok I am going there, ac coming out. Are y'all going to retain the fan motor inside or delete as well?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Here's a pic of the expansion valve cap. Put some silicone into the center hole and slide it over the stud sticking out of the firewall and you're good to go.

20140604_111022_zps2e30e09f.jpg

Are those YOUR fingers... or that of your minion?

:D

OK, during the weekday....hmmmm....what is Gary normally wearing? I'll let you decide if those are my fingers ;)

It's good to have good friends :D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
At the shop today from 10am-2pm. Compressor, condenser, pipes and hoses gone. Thanks to my buddy Chris for letting me use his lift, had to pull the nose off, drop the oil cooler and lift out the expansion tank to get the compressor out the top. -25 lbs and some how the engine compartment just looks cooler 8)
Steve

steveespo said:
At the shop today from 10am-2pm. Compressor, condenser, pipes and hoses gone. Thanks to my buddy Chris for letting me use his lift, had to pull the nose off, drop the oil cooler and lift out the expansion tank to get the compressor out the top. -25 lbs and some how the engine compartment just looks cooler 8)
Steve
25??? I only got 21 lbs :mad:

TMO Supporting Vendors