The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Accessing MyColor on 2013 Boss

There has been some discussion about the MyColor option and if it's a std. feature on the 2013. I have not taken delivery of my Boss yet (hopefully this week!!) but my dealer indicated it should be on the car. To confirm here is the procedure to access:

- Turn on parking lamps or headlights while vehicle is parked and ignition key is in the ON position (car not running)
- Access the lighting options to the Message Center (message center control button below the headlamp switch)
- Push the SETUP button repeatedly until "MyColor 1" is displayed
- Push & hold the RESET button for three seconds to enter the MyColor adjust mode
- the display will show R:1 G:1 B:1 (there are five levels for each color)
- use the SETUP button to select the color you wish to adjust, either RED, GREEN, or BLUE
- use the RESET button to adjust the levels of the three colors R-RED, G-GREEN, B-BLUE
- once set as desired press the SETUP button until "HOLD RESET TO SET MYCOLOR1" is displayed.
- custom MyColor is now saved as "MyColor1"

As I said I can't confirm if this will work but worth a try!!!
 

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
1,239
70
According to one of our members here, you do not see the selection for MyColor as you have listed in step 3, it does not exist in the menu. I suspect we Boss owners are getting a hybrid version of the instrument pod from the Base V6, that does not have MyColor, but does include Track Apps. I had suggested someone run through the 'test mode' menu, but as I don't have my Boss yet, I can't do it. It's probably not there either, but worth checking.

Someone with access could look up the part numbers who has access to the Ford factory parts database if they were so inclined...
 
geneva said:
- Access the lighting options to the Message Center (message center control button below the headlamp switch)
-

As I said I can't confirm if this will work but worth a try!!!

Is there a message center control button below the headlamp switch? I don't have my car yet, but I honestly don't remember anything below the headlight "dial" switch.
 
Its looking like very strongly that the 2013 is not going to have it. According to several members that have taken delivery the mycolor option is not there. Unless there is some weird change all of a sudden that they start putting the Mycolor option in. I was looking forward to changing up my dash color too....
 
Hi Guys,

Have not been able to try this proposed solution as I JUST picked up my car before returning to work. But to pour some fuel on the conspiracy theory, I noticed when I open the door on the car the gauges flash pinkish and then quickly turn blue. From this behavior I'd suggest the car at least has the LED's in place for MyColor.
 

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
1,239
70
Better put on your tin foil hat just to be safe, just in case the die hard guys who insist we don't have it are tuning into your brainwaves... =P
 
TheMarco said:
1992chpb4c said:
Well, I havent found it in mine yet. There are no buttons below my headlamp switch....

We don't have MyColor. But it's amusing to see that some people keep believing we do :)
That's ok. I still believe in the Noch Ness Monster. ;)

http://www.nessie.co.uk/htm/searching_for_nessie/search3.html
 
Well I still strongly believe that the dash has the full ability to do mycolor but it was sent with a firmware version that doesn't have the mycolor option. It would be interesting if someone put the firmware from the GT on it.
 
askjeffro said:
Hi Guys,

Have not been able to try this proposed solution as I JUST picked up my car before returning to work. But to pour some fuel on the conspiracy theory, I noticed when I open the door on the car the gauges flash pinkish and then quickly turn blue. From this behavior I'd suggest the car at least has the LED's in place for MyColor.

Made a quick video of it while going over the car:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8v0W1kjPHw[/youtube]
 
askjeffro said:
askjeffro said:
Hi Guys,

Have not been able to try this proposed solution as I JUST picked up my car before returning to work. But to pour some fuel on the conspiracy theory, I noticed when I open the door on the car the gauges flash pinkish and then quickly turn blue. From this behavior I'd suggest the car at least has the LED's in place for MyColor.

Made a quick video of it while going over the car:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8v0W1kjPHw[/youtube]
Yeah that was pretty noticeable in that short frame but it is there. And I saw almost a rainbow look. This nearly confirms that it has the mycolor LEDs behind it.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top