The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Accessing MyColor on 2013 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it has the MyColor LEDs. It would make more sense than having to use a special non-colored LED only for the Boss. That said, the firmware certainly doesn't allow us to change colors. The option is simply not there, no matter how strongly we try to believe it is.

I have to say though, this is a weird one on Ford. I have no idea why they'd want to leave this option out.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Simple, it would break with the cars stated mission of RCWALP as stated by Dave Pericak. Eventually someone will figure out how to upgrade this, especially if the LEDs are already there.

Vermont
Even the Ford dealer literature isn't consistent. The 1st one says the Boss 302 has MyColor, the 2nd (and more detailed) doesn't mention it and the 3rd says it has it. I think I'll ask my dealer for a 25% discount on the car. :p

img022.png

img021.png

img023.png

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I think I will try and leverage an extra set of keys from my dealer for not having this feature I PAID FOR! Heads will ROLL!!! Heh, it's worth a shot.

LOL you guys just won't let this go. Maybe Bill Ford will stop by and tell you there's no MyColor or leather wrapped steering wheel. :D

Mine has a MyColor leather steering wheel, the color shines through the perforations and makes an affect on the headliner like one of those star projector globes. It is pretty far out 70s, really retro.

CaliMR said:
Mine has a MyColor leather steering wheel, the color shines through the perforations and makes an affect on the headliner like one of those star projector globes. It is pretty far out 70s, really retro.

I take it you didn't get the disco ball?

In CA, things hanging from the mirror or ceiling are technically illegal, so I had them not install it. I have enough time keeping under the radar.

JeffIsHereToo said:
Whoa! Wait...am I the only one with MyColor?

???

Is this a joke? Argh, I'll go find out about this once and for all. Crappy video incoming:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGj6kJatjhY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Craptacular, but you get the idea.

ace72ace said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Whoa! Wait...am I the only one with MyColor?

???

Please post a vid of you accessing the menu and changing your colors.

I'm kidding! :D It was finding it funny that we were still having this discussion and thought I would stir the pot and see how many took the bait! Just my warped sense of humor! ::)

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Wow...at least we've finally come to agreement that the Boss does not have MyColor.Well at least the new Bosses have satellite radios installed!

TMO Supporting Vendors