The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Accufab 84.5mm TB dyno tested on my 13' Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickshelby said:
One thing for sure; RRBoss302 has made quite an efficient advertising for both products to our crowd :)
Without even producing the results of both tests ;)

While I appreciate the compliment, my intent is only to provide as accurate of real-world information as possible. I have no other interest in people buying these parts. Doesn't do anything for me. I do know that there was a lot of suspicion across the net as to the true effectiveness of no-tune bolt on mods. Bringing actual dyno results to light is something beneficial for everyone.

I've been in the car modding game for quite some time. Although I'm fairly new here, I've been on Corral.net with my Fox Mustangs for 14 years. I am known there for posting lots of technical threads like this one an do so both out of my love for the hobby and desire to spread info through this crazy thing called the Internet.

I go by "fiveliterfox" on Corral. Here's a couple examples of my write-ups...

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1423235-haltech-plug-n-play-standalone-ecu-installed-my-ysi-fox.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general-mustang-tech/1378841-my-fox-body-8-8-build-pics-check-out.html

And as a true testament to my hot-rodder heart and new love for the 5.0 tiVCT engine, I present to you my latest acquisition (as of last night). This is going in my Fox soon. It's an Aluminator 9.5:1 low-compression Coyote crate engine. It'll be backed by a t56 Magnum and Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch. Eventually topped with either a VMP TVS or Whipple blower.

65e878dbce5c6ca10f0be781932104a0_zps3d424d7d.jpg

5b302a29cbc4de779a5ad4fcafc0b00f_zps83edaf57.jpg

9a67b472e7d2663bdd13df641355b16c_zpsecbafa91.jpg

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
RRBoss302 said:
While I appreciate the compliment, my intent is only to provide as accurate of real-world information as possible. I have no other interest in people buying these parts. Doesn't do anything for me. I do know that there was a lot of suspicion across the net as to the true effectiveness of no-tune bolt on mods. Bringing actual dyno results to light is something beneficial for everyone.

I've been in the car modding game for quite some time. Although I'm fairly new here, I've been on Corral.net with my Fox Mustangs for 14 years. I am known there for posting lots of technical threads like this one an do so both out of my love for the hobby and desire to spread info through this crazy thing called the Internet.

I go by "fiveliterfox" on Corral. Here's a couple examples of my write-ups...

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1423235-haltech-plug-n-play-standalone-ecu-installed-my-ysi-fox.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general-mustang-tech/1378841-my-fox-body-8-8-build-pics-check-out.html

And as a true testament to my hot-order heart and new love for the 5.0 tiVCT engine, I present to you my latest acquisition (as of last night). This is going in my Fox soon. It's an Aluminator 9.5:1 low-compression Coyote crate engine. It'll be backed by a t56 Magnum and Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch. Eventually topped with either a VMP TVS or Whipple blower.

You know....I don't know whether I should shake your hand or curl up in a ball and cry like a baby???? I can't thank you enough for your contributions to the forums....but holy cow man!!!! How can mere mortals enjoy what you're doing. I hope you know you're a truly blessed man.....most of us would be happy with half the toys / upgrades you have.

Thanks....Keep the good info. coming.

Wayne

FedEx dropped off the Ford Racing TB this morning.It's a work of art.It is also quite heavy.Does anyone know the weight of the stock TB?

gww52 said:
FedEx dropped off the Ford Racing TB this morning.It's a work of art.It is also quite heavy.Does anyone know the weight of the stock TB?

They dropped mine off today too. It does look nice.

RRBoss302 said:
I go by "fiveliterfox" on Corral. Here's a couple examples of my write-ups..
And as a true testament to my hot-rodder heart and new love for the 5.0 tiVCT engine, I present to you my latest acquisition (as of last night). This is going in my Fox soon. It's an Aluminator 9.5:1 low-compression Coyote crate engine. It'll be backed by a t56 Magnum and Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch. Eventually topped with either a VMP TVS or Whipple blower.

No offense was meant in my post. I was just being amused by the influence you had on many of us.
Including myself :) I bought both parts...and will see for myself.
I thought they looked great anyway!

patrickshelby said:
No offense was meant in my post. I was just being amused by the influence you had on many of us.
Including myself :) I bought both parts...and will see for myself.
I thought they looked great anyway!

No offense taken or inferred. I just wanted to clear the air a little so no one got the wrong idea.

And yes, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to build two nice Mustangs. Not that I don't work hard for what I have, but I still am thankful.

Something that I noticed from the 2012 to the 2013 is the 2012, mine doesn't have the TB spacer, it bolts straight up to the intake.

image_zps652af381.jpg

Senderofan

RRBoss302 said:
No offense taken or inferred. I just wanted to clear the air a little so no one got the wrong idea.

And yes, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to build two nice Mustangs. Not that I don't work hard for what I have, but I still am thankful.

This is such a great forum to learn about upgrades. I'm thankful folks here feel free to share their experiences....I was trying to inject a little humor....those of us with a slight case of OCD fill their heads with "What if I did this...?"

You'll have to share your experience with that Aluminator motor. From reading the specs...it should be quite the set up with forced induction or what ever your plans are.

Congrats!

Wayne

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has found a current sale on that is cheaper than this http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-throttle-body-845mm-p-1290.html. Now that it has been a couple days, any input from the guys that just received theirs?

Thanks.

Senderofan

azazell64 said:
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has found a current sale on that is cheaper than this http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-throttle-body-845mm-p-1290.html. Now that it has been a couple days, any input from the guys that just received theirs?

Thanks.

This past Saturday I purchased the last one listed by Rehagan Racing on eBay......They now have it listed again for $499...so they must have gotten more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-MUSTANG-5-0L-84-5-MM-THROTTLE-BODY-FORD-RACING-BOSS-GT-V8-2012-2013-/161191774716?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.0L%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item2587c749fc&vxp=mtr

Wayne

P.S.

Shipping was and is free from Rehagan.

Just ordered the last one at TrueBlue Racing for $499. They said these are being obsoleted so when inventory is gone dealers may elect not to stock them.

Terry

I confirmed with FR that they will not place another with Accufab. So if you want one with FR on it you better order one now. There were only six left at their warehouse. Accufab will continue to make this TB.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
The FR TB's that I have seen all say calibration not included. What needs to be done to calibrate it? And I understand that calibration is not a tune.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
The FR TB's that I have seen all say calibration not included. What needs to be done to calibrate it? And I understand that calibration is not a tune.
nothing apparently I think it's a blanket cover their can statement

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hey RRBoss302:
I appreciate your post and technical information on mods you have done and are doing to your 2013 Boss 302. It was a good find for me as I happened across a FRPP TB on eBay for a really good price, ordered it, (I'll take a chance an that calibration required statement), installed and tested it just a week before you released your instructional post on the Accufab TB.

You post helped me to know that I wasn't imagining just how good my 2012 Boss 302 ran after the install. You know it's funny how fast you get used to the new level of performance once you install an upgrade part. It becomes the new normal, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Keep posting and keep up the good work, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your work.
All the best,
302 Hi Pro

Thank you 302 hi pro... I appreciate it. I'm glad that the information I've posted has been of assistance to others who may otherwise be hesitant to try these mods.

Great to hear you had positive results from your install!

Would someone who has installed the TB be able to weigh the stock part.The Accufab TB weighs 3lbs 6ozs.Thanks, Guy

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel