The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Accufab 84.5mm TB dyno tested on my 13' Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It will be another week or so before I can get on the dyno so I won't be swapping mine until then. I would really like to do it sooner but there still salt on the road so it works out. You could always take you stock TB off and weigh it, it's easy enough.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Got lucky, came home did a quick search on eBay and found one for $383 from a Ford Dealer back east with free shipping and I already have the Airaid CAI so really looking forward to the dyno results

I ordered my FR TB and JLT C.A.I. and required silicone spacer yesterday and I am looking forward to having them installed when THE weather permits...living in north ID that could be a couple of months away at best. I will be ordering my Dynotech aluminum DS in the very near future as well. I picked up the 2014 Ford Racing Performance catalog today and took a look at the FR TB ON PAGE 222 and as well documented in this thread it does say Calibration required in the requirements block along with the 4" silicone adapter. At the top of the page it refers to Custom ECU Calibration is required. As previously stated in this thread as well that this is their "Company Line" statement in regards to legality and warranty issues.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
BadPony said:
I ordered my FR TB and JLT C.A.I. and required silicone spacer yesterday and I am looking forward to having them installed when THE weather permits...living in north ID that could be a couple of months away at best. I will be ordering my Dynotech aluminum DS in the very near future as well. I picked up the 2014 Ford Racing Performance catalog today and took a look at the FR TB ON PAGE 222 and as well documented in this thread it does say Calibration required in the requirements block along with the 4" silicone adapter. At the top of the page it refers to Custom ECU Calibration is required. As previously stated in this thread as well that this is their "Company Line" statement in regards to legality and warranty issues.

Hi BP:
I know, I saw the same thing and thought oh my. Then found it for the same price as Tucson302, at a Daytona Beach FL ford Dealer and took a chance. Guess what? Works great right out of the box. I guess Accufab didn't get the factory memo that said don't calibrate the ones you make for us! LOL.

You'll be fine. Have fun - 302 HP

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Tucson302 said:
Got lucky, came home did a quick search on eBay and found one for $383 from a Ford Dealer back east with free shipping and I already have the Airaid CAI so really looking forward to the dyno results

You got your from the same ford dealer I did except I've been waiting for mine since December 28th. I got a tracking number today and should receive by next Tuesday. I guess it's tyme to set up my dyno tyme.

TS-- You and I ordered from the same place at almost the same tyme. I thought I'd have myne today. So, I called them yesterday just to see. They said they had a lot of orders come in and had to backorder a bunch. It would have been nice to have been told that without calling, but no big deal. I should get myne next Tuesday too but can't test drive the boss for at least two more months.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Just received mine this afternoon. Very impressive piece. Not sure what the OEM weighs....but this one definitely has some weight to it. Really like the polished surface....and the "Ford Racing"....for a guy that isn't into bling...it was a nice touch.

Wayne

The hard part will be having to wait until April to get it installed.

Installed the TB and CAI last night because they both kept staring at me. Started the car and it didn't like the TB. It sat there and chugged and the wrench was lit. Smelled like it was running rich too, no throttle control. Connector to the throttle body was secure. The code said "throttle "A" position sensor low, throttle "B" position sensor low". Not sure if the throttle body is defective or this one does need to be cal'd. Either way it's not working and I'll have to wait till I take my car in next week. BTW, this is the FRPP one not Accufab.

Senderofan said:
Just received mine this afternoon. Very impressive piece. Not sure what the OEM weighs....but this one definitely has some weight to it. Really like the polished surface....and the "Ford Racing"....for a guy that isn't into bling...it was a nice touch.

Wayne

The hard part will be having to wait until April to get it installed.

It is easy to install, might as well try it, then you'll know if you'll need to get it cal'd or not and I'll know if I drew the lucky number or not. No one else, that I could find in my short search had this problem, I'll have to look a little deeper after work.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Oh....I plan on doing my own installation. The car is in storage....too much snow in front of the door. Hopefully by mid April I'll be able to drive the Boss home and get cracking.......Arctic Vortices be damned!!

Wayne

I just received my FR TB yesterday and am still waiting on the CAI. After reading RaceRed302's experience after installing his TB I must admit I am now a little nervous about the "Calibration Required" on the FR TB versus the AccuFab. I am hoping it was or is just a bad FR TB or just a quick fix of some sort versus having do a calibration or tune which is something I and many of us did not want to do.

racered302 said:
Installed the TB and CAI last night because they both kept staring at me. Started the car and it didn't like the TB. It sat there and chugged and the wrench was lit. Smelled like it was running rich too, no throttle control. Connector to the throttle body was secure. The code said "throttle "A" position sensor low, throttle "B" position sensor low". Not sure if the throttle body is defective or this one does need to be cal'd. Either way it's not working and I'll have to wait till I take my car in next week. BTW, this is the FRPP one not Accufab.
Yours is defective and should be returned. The only difference between the FR and Accufab is the logo. These units use the same electronics as our stock units so if it doesn't work properly it's defective.

azazell64 said:
I can't seem to find any of these "deals" you guys are finding on ebay. Any links?
There aren't anymore and Ford Racing discontinued this part.
Rehagen have none anymore...
A guy still has one though but at $610.-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261213751187?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
BadPony said:
I just received my FR TB yesterday and am still waiting on the CAI. After reading RaceRed302's experience after installing his TB I must admit I am now a little nervous about the "Calibration Required" on the FR TB versus the AccuFab. I am hoping it was or is just a bad FR TB or just a quick fix of some sort versus having do a calibration or tune which is something I and many of us did not want to do.

From all that I've read so far, RR302 seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Have you guys been resetting the ECU before starting up after install so the car re-calibrates? I am also thinking that for those of us who are storing for the winter, it would be best to warm the car up before install, that way you will know it was fine before the install and avoid running around in circles assuming it is the throttle body causing a problem.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
WinterSucks said:
Have you guys been resetting the ECU before starting up after install so the car re-calibrates? I am also thinking that for those of us who are storing for the winter, it would be best to warm the car up before install, that way you will know it was fine before the install and avoid running around in circles assuming it is the throttle body causing a problem.

Mine shipped yesterday and is due to arrive Tuesday so hopefully I can install Wednesday, be glad to report back on calibration. But like Rick said its no different than the stock electronics so calibration not required.

Azazell64- I had to call Yoemans Ford and talk with the parts department. I told them I had a friend that recently bought one from them for $383. They said they had one to sell me at that price. I think they sold a bunch of them to us Boss guys at that price because they had to put some on backorder to fill their orders. I suggest you call them.

TMO Supporting Vendors