The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Accufab 84.5mm TB dyno tested on my 13' Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My 2012 Boss #478 in YB is not a LS. I find it strange that there are doubble ser. numbers. So does that mean there are two #1 bosses. 0001 standard boss and 0001 Laguna Seca??? Do we know of any other doubble number Bosses.
Can someone shed some light on this. sorry for highjacking the thread. Please move to another section if needed...But Im confused now.

boss man said:
My 2012 Boss #478 in YB is not a LS. I find it strange that there are doubble ser. numbers. So does that mean there are two #1 bosses. 0001 standard boss and 0001 Laguna Seca??? Do we know of any other doubble number Bosses.
Can someone shed some light on this. sorry for highjacking the thread. Please move to another section if needed...But Im confused now.
It's been the way since the beginning. The LS cars read LS001 and Bosses read 0001.

NFSBOSS said:
It's been the way since the beginning. The LS cars read LS001 and Bosses read 0001.
Thank you for clearing that up. I Learned something new. I also learned who has the same # Boss as mine. I guess we can look at them as being a complete #478 set....Lol

Starting to sound like my TB spacer was added on aftermarket.... Anyone else with a 2013 number higher than 609 able to check their TB?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I have 2013 LS 439 and no spacer. Got all my parts finally so hope to install mine this week.

Sorry more thread-jacking: Isn't there a LS 001 & 0001 for both model years so A total of 4?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I installed my FR TB this past weekend and with temps hitting close to 60 here today in Denver, I took the car into work today. All I can tell you is that it not only works well with my Airaid PJ CAI but the throttle response is most noticeable. I put on a 4" to 4" silicone adapter hose and left the Venturi tube in. There is little doubt in my mind these mods have greatly enhanced WOT. I'll get her on the Dyno in the next few weeks and share the results but I love how the car jumps when I mash the right pedal.

My car got it's quasi baseline dyno on a Dynojet and I netted 383hp, which is what I expected, the throttle body and airaid CAI was already installed, but like mentioned earlier in this thread the difference isn't that noticeable if at all. The track key throttle responds was better then the silver at low RPM. My headers are now installed but because of the snow they are having a problem jocking the cars around to get mine back on the dyno. I'll post up the dyno chart as soon as their done.

racered302 said:
My car got it's quasi baseline dyno on a Dynojet and I netted 383hp, which is what I expected, the throttle body and airaid CAI was already installed, but like mentioned earlier in this thread the difference isn't that noticeable if at all. The track key throttle responds was better then the silver at low RPM. My headers are now installed but because of the snow they are having a problem jocking the cars around to get mine back on the dyno. I'll post up the dyno chart as soon as their done.

Hmmmmm.... That seems to be a low dyno number for your mods considering most stock Bosses are in the 370 range. Some dynos read lower or higher than others. One dyno jet could be 20-30 hp off (or more, or less) compared to one in another location. The only true measurement to tell whether or not gains were significant would be a before and after dyno on the same day, stock parts vs aftermarket. For all we know, your car may have dynoed 350rw with stock TB and CAI. Or, it could have dynoed 382rw with stock TB and CAI. That part is completely unknown.

I appreciate you posting the updated dyno numbers and I understand it was the best scenario in your situation. However, your particular example has too many variables, coupled with a seat-of-the-pants opinion, to be considered factual as to whether or not a gain was realized. It's too bad you weren't able to get an actual stock baseline for comparison.

If you calculate for the 15% loss it gives me 440 at the crank. There was a 2013 GT on there before mine and it was 363, which sounds about right.

Do you know for sure that the GT was 100% stock and unmodified?

The point I'm trying to make is that my test was done as scientifically as possible under the most controlled conditions available. When we start comparing two different cars etc...the results become much less reliable.

Yes, it's the receptionist car, they did a baseline pull on her car to see what it'll do before they start modding it for her. The key here now is how much will I pick up with the header and mid pipe. The Kook's are supposed to be good for about 35hp, I'm just waiting on the phone call from them.

Thank you all who have contributed to the Accufab 84.5 TB and how it works with the Airaid PJ CAI. I installed the Kooks shorties w/ factory cats and the Ford Racing 84.5 TB with the Airaid PJ CAI. There is a real seat of the pants difference...............a lot of wheelspin on a roll in second gear (with traction control on). I have not dynoed this car, but with these mods, the car has awakened. I am so appreciative of those who comment on this forum.......lots to be learned and gained!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel