The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Add a circuit 12v feed for gauges…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m installing Autometer elite gauges and I have an add a circuit to tap into the 12v feed in the fuse box in the passenger footwell.

i have located a spare fuse location (fuse 33) for the add a circuit but do I need to put two fuses into the add a circuit or can I just put a (10a) fuse into the top slot as that’s the 12v feed wire?
Thanks

25200B0E-289C-44D3-BC68-A31FE13EE8B9.jpeg

A3FEEEA0-9C22-42AC-8121-BC75C4F88248.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Size the fuse for the load and wire guage you use, not the supply at the fusebox.
From the Autometer Elite temp gauge installation instructions -
As a safety precaution, the +12V terminal of this product should be fused before connecting to the 12V ignition switch. We recommend using a 1 Amp, 3AG fast-acting type cartridge fuse (Littlefuse® # 312 001 or an equivalent).​

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel