The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Adjustable panhard bar question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm in the process of putting 18x11 wheels with 315/30/18 rubber on and the car is lowered on ford racing T springs.

The question is, my rear axle is out of alignment by 3/16", obviously pushed to far to the drivers side. That would mean i need to bring it towards the passenger side by 3/32".

Trying to stick with my "change one thing at a time attitude" I'm balking on changing the panhard at the same time as the tires, but after having the car on track it pushes really bad in the turns with the stock fitment of tires. Is this enough of a discrepancy in alignment to worry about if there is no rub when i get the wheels on? Or should I put the panhard bar on now?

Its a 2013 Boss 302, any information or insight is welcomed.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Beermoney

One mod at a time is the right way forward. The question then is, is the adjustable bar a mod? It just recenters the axel.

If you can wait a few weeks, I can make you a deal on my used Ford Performance adjustable bar.

TMS if it becomes available let me know, I plan on taking it back out to NOLA on Dec. 5th/6th. It isnt off by much but I'm not sure if when it gets stressed in a turn with 315's on it if it will cause a rub.

just for the sake of conversation, make sure the fenders are on straight.. seriously, find some central location in the center of the car to measure from, not the fender edge. this is why race cars get "strung"

bnBTrenl.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors