The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Adjustable Panhard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Gurus,
I need to shift my rear axle an inch or so from the driver's side to the passenger side.
I have the BMR double adjustable PH bar. How is this done exactly? I understand how the bar works, just not sure which end to adjust or what direction.

Tips appreciated.

Darren

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Darren
The bar should have left hand threads on one side and right hand threads on the other so it acts like a turnbuckle. Loosen the jam nuts and turn the bar so it moves in the direction you need to go. You want to shorten it. If the end fittings were installed equally in the bar you should have no problem, if not you will have to remove from one side to make the amount of thread the same and then adjust as above. Whe you have it right apply some lock tite to the threads and tighten the jam nuts on both sides.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Darren
I screwed up I thought the BMR had the fittings at both ends, it has the connection in the middle of the bar. Same basic instructions, you will be turning the center hex to adjust the bar in to pull the axle over from the drivers side to the passenger. Locktite those jam nuts!
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors