The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ADM Survey

Did you pay an ADM for your 2016 Shelby GT350???

• No - R Model

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No - Standard GT350

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Yes - R Model <$10k

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes - R Model >$10k (or equal to)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Standard GT350 <$10k

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Yes - Standard GT350 >$10k (or equal to)

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS said:
It could also be a walking issue.

Come in off the street without having a relationship with a dealer and they shoot for the moon. Know and do business with a dealer for years and they are willing to talk MSRP to keep you as a customer.

I agree to this statement to some extent, but the first dealer I contacted was the one I bought my Boss for at MSRP (No negotiation needed. In fact, the Sales Manager told me then that they would never even consider charging an ADM on any vehicle, that it was unethical and he was surprised when I told him most other dealers were charging $5k+). Given my experience with the Boss, that I'd bought from them in the past and referred two of buddies to them, I was very surprised that they wouldn't negotiate on the 350. It was $10k, take it or leave it. I mentioned his prior statements to me about ADM's in my last email and referenced my past loyalty to the dealership to him, but he never responded.

I'd love to have one sooner than later but I'm in no rush. Still a ton of fun to be had in the Boss. I will revisit the idea of a 350 when the 17's are available for order. I'd expect that more dealers will negotiate a bit by then.

All that said, I'm jealous as hell of everyone who got or is getting one :'(. Hope to see some of you at the track this year!

In the Philly area and had to pay 5k over. Started looking after attending the North American track tour and couldn't find anyone in the area to order one from. Finally got my local guy that I've bought 4 other cars from to agree at 5k. The allocation for the local dealership was taken at 10k but they used an allocation from the next closest branch of theirs to take care of me on loyalty. I actually feel lucky as ADM's in the area have been anywhere from 10-30k for non-R's. You can't touch an R around here at any price. Was going to order Comp Orange like my NATT steed but opted for white/blue stripes. I also really like the Magnetic/black combo but went legacy. My"baby" is due to be born 1/25 with an ETA 2/7-2/13. Can't wait!

Bunkie726 said:
In the Philly area and had to pay 5k over. Started looking after attending the North American track tour and couldn't find anyone in the area to order one from. Finally got my local guy that I've bought 4 other cars from to agree at 5k. The allocation for the local dealership was taken at 10k but they used an allocation from the next closest branch of theirs to take care of me on loyalty. I actually feel lucky as ADM's in the area have been anywhere from 10-30k for non-R's. You can't touch an R around here at any price. Was going to order Comp Orange like my NATT steed but opted for white/blue stripes. I also really like the Magnetic/black combo but went legacy. My"baby" is due to be born 1/25 with an ETA 2/7-2/13. Can't wait!
Mine's scheduled for 1/26 so we won't be having twins! ???

5k for my R and hopefully get it at the end of Feb. And I do consider myself lucky as I called ( 8 ) dealers in (7) states to find an R without a ridiculous markup. Seeing a few folks here not pay a markup on an R isn't fun but, at least I've got piece of mind I'm getting one and don't have to continue the nightmare it was trying to find an R. Counting the days.

TMO Supporting Vendors