The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Advance Trac, Sport Mode and All disabled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So far I have used the Boss on track using Sport Mode ESP and TC. It have felt good to have a "safety belt" on in case of driver mistake. I have really only noticed the systems on the exit of some corners where the traction control have held back a too heavy gas pedal foot.

But last Sunday I decided to go without any systems and held the button down for 10(?)seconds and had the car entirely in my hands. I was driving a track I have been on before and feel comfortable with, plus a dry track without rain.

I have to say that the feeling of the car changed quite a bit and I also managed to shave off 1s of the track time! The feeling of having the care entirely in my hands and feet was really nice and from now on I will not use any systems unless there is rain or I´m on a new track.

Anyone else having similar experience?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I always run with everything disabled. In the past, the TCS has roasted rear brakes trying to control the car. Not sure how advancetrac would handle my on-track antics, I don't want any surprises at 100+ mph while cornering.

ArizonaGT said:
I always run with everything disabled. In the past, the TCS has roasted rear brakes trying to control the car. Not sure how advancetrac would handle my on-track antics, I don't want any surprises at 100+ mph while cornering.
This. No nannies for me please.

My routine when I get in the car is to turn it off right away. On track its not even a question even in the rain.

TCS bad :eek:

http://m1177.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/taylorall4fun/IMAG0365.jpg.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2djut87BK%2BO1l75u%2FChnetyKgYS9vh7pY0NfElaccYDPSaby5PjV5lamEcLUQixtKVg1afP6uOYowt6pGdKyPpfcAEfRE%2BOKc9QiO2034AgymykOsuQxBDw2CQWFteX6l62hbBgdtFKaGal9Grk4BCY%3D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel