The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AdvanceTrac / Traction control / Track-Mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellosmile.png

I am a little confused.

If you drive in the Track-mode, which Traction is off ?
the normal "Track Control" or "AdvanceTrac".

Because the symbol is exactly the same with.

And it this correct: ?? o_O

AdvanceTrac Off = No more driving help (computer) .. only the driver decides.

Traction control switch Off = little wheelspin possible, But the electronics intervenes.

thanks for your help. =)
I dont understand everything in the manual...

The symbols being the same is confusing. You have to actively turn off the AdvanceTrac by pushing the TC OFF button once to put it into Sport mode or hold if for 5-8 seconds to completely turn it off. If you have not had your GT350 on track yet I'd start by putting the car into the Track driving mode and leave the AdvanceTrac on. If that intervenes too much then try Sport mode and Track mode as you get more time in the car. As an example another member and I have been to many track days together in our Boss 302's and now our GT350's and both of us use the AdvanceTrac in Sport mode with the Track driving mode. We both completely turned off AdvanceTrac in our Bosses. The GT350 (and I'm sure all S550's) is much more sophisticated than the S197 cars.

How I figured out yesterday, If you are in the Track-Mode, only the normal stability control is off.
You can additionally switch off the AdvanceTrac.

The AdvanceTrac must always be switched off separately (Button hold 5-10 sec).

Is that right so ? :)

Sorry for my english.
im from switzerland and I dont understand everything 100% ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors