The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AdvanceTrac

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post, but I've been reading for weeks.....good stuff on here. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to set AdvanceTrac to off as the default?

My assumption is that it is not possible, and if that is in fact the case, my next question is if anyone knows if it will be defaulted to off with the new track key program?

Thanks in advise for everyones wisdom.

to shut it off completely .Hold your foot on the brake for 10 seconds and hold down the button.It will than say advance trac off and you will see the yellow traction control light on .

T1000 said:
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post, but I've been reading for weeks.....good stuff on here. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to set AdvanceTrac to off as the default?

My assumption is that it is not possible, and if that is in fact the case, my next question is if anyone knows if it will be defaulted to off with the new track key program?

Thanks in advise for everyones wisdom.

The default is on with TrackKey. It is suppose to be more of a track oriented calibration though. That said, the Yaw control activated with very little tail out at Track Attack.

I do not believe that you can set it as a default. You can change the default setting for the steering. As roketman said:

To turn on Adnacetrac (oriented for the track): hold down the brake and push the traction control button twice

To turn everything off (stability and traction): hold down the brake and hold the push the traction control button for 10 sec

Turn off just traction control (stability control remains on): push the traction control button

there is another way to make everything better......but it only comes in the silver LS

Anyone have any idea on this, while backing into my garage the Advancetrac and traction control light up. Is it possiable to reset this without going to the dealer? :eek:

boss man said:
Anyone have any idea on this, while backing into my garage the Advancetrac and traction control light up. Is it possiable to reset this without going to the dealer? :eek:
Drive it around for a couple of days and see if it clears. If it doesn't then have your dealer check it out.

5 DOT 0 said:
boss man said:
Drive it around for a couple of days and see if it clears. If it doesn't then have your dealer check it out.

Called dealer and they said the same>>>>Thanks

I have seen this before on a 5.0 that was never driven just taken out of the garage and idled then put back away. are you driving it or does it stay in the garag/e

boss2012 said:
I have seen this before on a 5.0 that was never driven just taken out of the garage and idled then put back away. are you driving it or does it stay in the garag/e
I drive the car on weekends and never taken it on the track. I pulled off the neg. battery terminal and let it sit for 15 minutes then installed the neg. terminal back. Started the car and the SERVICE ADVANCETRAC still on. Then drove the car and after 2 miles all lights went out and back to normal. I just hope that what ever happened will not return, otherwise it's off to the dealer.

TMO Supporting Vendors