The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Advancetrak not working in cold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, I was out having some fun yesterday, in about 35 degree weather and there was some dirt on the roads, and noticed the advancetrak was not making itself apparent like it normally does in those conditions. I found a lonely stretch and tried launching it, and the TC did not activate either. I pressed the button a few times to cycle through the settings, then tried launching it again and it did activate. Has anyone else had this issue? No codes, no warnings, the light did not come on either.

Have not had the same as you, but one time I have had my Advancetrak mess up once. Was on my way to work, was cold. Pulled out after stopping & restarting car. Advancetrak light flashed on & off 4 times above 20mph, light went out & I had the R/H side brakes activate a few times until I was over 40mph. Hasn't repeated & was the first time I had any issues with Advancetrak. No codes on mine. System was in 'Normal' mode, no ice, frost or wet roads.
There is a thread I've been following on AllFordMustangs about this. Will take it in if it reoccurs. There has been more '12 owners popping up with similar spasms.

TMO Supporting Vendors