The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Advice 12 or 13 boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a chance to trade my 12 yellow blaze with 600 miles for 39000.00 towards a 13 boss with that being said does anyone have any idea which year model will be more sought after once the dust settles.
Phil

This is more from an investment stand point.We all know that cars are not bought as an investment just trying to maintain some value.
Phil

Sesshomurai

Down the road, people will want the '13 model in my opinion because the LS models look better and the '13's come with better features.

Don't discount the fact that the 12 model was the first, and should Ford decide (hopefully not) to build past 13, there might be multiple year runs that look like the 13.

Sesshomurai said:
Down the road, people will want the '13 model in my opinion because the LS models look better and the '13's come with better features.
I disagree the 13 has some copy features of a gt500 like the nose if I liked it I would rather the real deal gt500 I truely believe the 2012 bosses will be sought after being different I owned a 2010 camaro 2ss and when I put it for sale my old chevy dealer bought it back at a premium letting me know everyone wants the 2010 2ss for some reason chevy built them right then cut corners to save money as I believe Ford is no different I bet after the 2012 costs they spent I am willing to bet they saved more money building the 13 just my thoughts also is there another car with the same front end as the 2012?

CaliMR said:
Isn't it the CS front other than the grill?

Ive never seen a cs with the grill or the lower there are differences that tell them apart my coworker has a 08 cs parks near mine all the time they are different and some same features that I believe Ford did right. I do like all of the Ford products just believe that the 2013 boss front end is to much of a copy to the gt500 and it's not a 2013 gt500 for damn sure Id just go with the gt500 they are real close priced by the time you get done.

drano38

Wayne
CaliMR said:
Isn't it the CS front other than the grill?

The CS has the same lower facia with fogs in where we put brake cooling ducts, but the Boss has the splitter that the CS does not.
And the CS rear spoiler is the same as the Boss LS.

Blazen Boss,
My advice is keep your YB. Due to its limited color run, it could be worth more in the future. Until then, enjoy it!

Sesshomurai

Cjmclean31 said:
Don't discount the fact that the 12 model was the first, and should Ford decide (hopefully not) to build past 13, there might be multiple year runs that look like the 13.

They won't. Boss is only a 2 year run.

Sesshomurai

jeepinocala said:
Sesshomurai said:
I disagree the 13 has some copy features of a gt500 like the nose if I liked it I would rather the real deal gt500 I truely believe the 2012 bosses will be sought after being different I owned a 2010 camaro 2ss and when I put it for sale my old chevy dealer bought it back at a premium letting me know everyone wants the 2010 2ss for some reason chevy built them right then cut corners to save money as I believe Ford is no different I bet after the 2012 costs they spent I am willing to bet they saved more money building the 13 just my thoughts also is there another car with the same front end as the 2012?

Well, the '13's have everything the 12's do plus a lot more. Just look at the list. HID headlights, sync, 4.5" display with track apps. functional heat extractors. prolly some other minor ones. So down the road, I think the '13's will be more wanted. First model years of most cars usually aren't. Nothing against the '12's though. they rock.

I doubt they will be worth enough more than a limited production color from the first year, after paying taxes twice, loss on the sale and the bump in price.

Either way, don't keep it in a bubble, drive it as much as you can and maintain it well. It will be many years before they appreciate in price if at all, and most cars the difference in sale price on low miles (unless it is really, really low) and one with reasonable miles in good condition is not that much.

Boss3o2

The best advice anyone here can give to you, is to do what makes "YOU" happy.

I will give you my personal opinion. I own a 70 Boss 302, and originally planned for the 2013 with the 1970 Boss 302 Livery Hockey stripe, as seen on the Ford Remakes a Legend show.

After seeing what they did with the new Dodge Ram looking 2013 Front Bumpers, The Rear Glossy Tail Section, and funky taillights. I decided to hunt for a new 2012 Laguna Seca. The 2012 looks much more "refined" (IMO). Other little additions, the 2012 LS has the cool gauge package, and LS specific Recaro Seats. Plus, the 1970 Boss 302 decals do not look proportionate on the 2013, particulary the hood stripes.

Again, this is my personal opinion. But as mentioned, anyone who buys a new Boss, based purely off the theory of it gaining value someday, is simply idiotic. Life is short, live it like its your last.....

Boss3o2

Sesshomurai said:
Well, the '13's have everything the 12's do plus a lot more. Just look at the list. HID headlights, sync, 4.5" display with track apps. functional heat extractors. prolly some other minor ones. So down the road, I think the '13's will be more wanted. First model years of most cars usually aren't. Nothing against the '12's though. they rock.

That is not typically the case. Don't now where you get your facts from.

1965 Shelby (1st year of the Shelby Mustang) is worth more then 1966, and even later years of the Big Block Shelbys

1969 Boss 429 (1st year of the Boss) is worth more then the 1970 Boss 9's

1969 Boss 302 (1st year of the Boss) pull more money, then the 70 Boss 302's

1969 Mach 1's (first year of the Mach 1), are more desireable and valuable then the 70's and later years of the Mach 1

The facts are that people/enthusiasts/public/future owners etc. will remember the 2012's more. Why? Because the 2012 Boss 302 is the car that set the bench mark for the Ford Mustang (a side from being on the cover of every Automotive Magazine), and were listed as the Best Mustang ever produced (Not the Big HP Shelby's). Every review you see on the 2012 Boss 302 is positive - regardless if you're a Mustang enthusiast. Its just a B*TCHIN machine.

That's why.

Anybody that "knows" which will pull more in the future is fooling themselves, there is no way to know.
Its not like these cars are that different yr/yr.

End. Of. Story.

Boss3o2

askjeffro said:
Anybody that "knows" which will pull more in the future is fooling themselves, there is no way to know.
Its not like these cars are that different yr/yr.

End. Of. Story.

Exactly. Especially since we're at Peak Oil in this world. Who knows if we will even have gasoline in 50 yrs. :-X

There is enough shale oil and hidden away honeyholes to last a long time still, but the price will probably be pretty high by 50 years from now, let alone 20 or even 10.

I would rather have a 70 than a 69 because I like the 2 light setup, but I would "settle" for either ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors