The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Advice needed; I want to buy Koni Yellow shocks from L.A ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
Hello,
I decided to buy new Koni yellows while visiting L.A on wk 41. (Because Koni price is double here in Finland…) I can easily place them into large suitcase and my luggage allowance is 64 kilos.

-But where to go and buy over the counter at L.A or surroundings?

Any other places for petrolhead to visit?

Thanks in advance
Arto

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
So Boss said:
Hello,
I decided to buy new Koni yellows while visiting L.A on wk 41. (Because Koni price is double here in Finland…) I can easily place them into large suitcase and my luggage allowance is 64 kilos.

-But where to go and buy over the counter at L.A or surroundings?

Any other places for petrolhead to visit?

Thanks in advance
Arto

If you have a good address in California then you could shop on line, find the best deal and have then shipped. This should also avoid sales tax as long as the vender is not from cali.

So Boss

I will be first in downtown LA and then drive to Valencia for bit of work. Wednesday Oct 8 work is done and then I'm free to hunt Koni's.

Unluckily I don't have any old friends living in SoCal. Those few were Finns too and when they married and got kids - they moved back to Finland (education is practically free here, benefit of high taxes and prices)

You'll definitely get better deals by shopping online and having them shipped. Most local distributors will charge retail price, which sometimes is pretty unreasonable.
Hopefully, a local member will jump in and help you out, or see if your hotel can accept large packages for you.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
If you are staying in a hotel, they should be able to accept packages for you as long as you have a valid reservation. I used to have tires shipped from Hoosier to hotels and then pick them up when I checked in. Those places LOVED me ;)

One of my favorite stores, Late Model Restoration has Konis for $819 with free shipping and no tax. I'd shoot them an e-mail and see if they a) have them in stock and b) would mind shipping them to you at X location. Link should take you right to the product.

steveespo said:
Can't wait to hear the TSA security story when you go through LAX with that suitcase.

Haha and we thought carrying a piston and rod trophy might be cause for alarm at the X-Ray booth. ;D

So Boss

Thanks for advices. This is fine example how our Boss Community is invaluable!

And hey, let me know when you guys come to Scandinavia. I can show how Finland is quite unique for capitol city (Helsinki) cruising night: first friday of summer months we have American Cars meet in downtown, just front door of Presidential House.

Arto

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

So Boss

Hey thanks Grant 302
I ordered a set from Stage 3. But they had only front struts 8741-1549, which are now shipped to my hotel.
Rear shocks were in national back order, ETA mid November.

- Do you guys have any hints of vendor who might have Koni rear shocks 8241-1240 in stock?

I will arrive to LAX on Sunday after noon Oct 5. (I will have other things at London Oct 2-5)

Cheers
Arto

Grant 302 said:
If you can find somebody in LA to ship to, they are still on sale here for $629 shipped:

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/KONI1114-2011-2014-Mustang-Koni-Complete-Sport-Shock-Strut-Kit.html

If you'll be here on a Saturday, the Irvine Cars n Coffee (6 AM to 8 AM) might be a good stop and is just a few miles from me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel