The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Advice / Opinions Needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

MrAngry said:
hmmm.... started doing some research. Seriously considering the Cortex stuff.

Its top notch. If you want the top of the line you can get their kit with ohlins dampers. Filip offers ohlins in the front too but its not listed on their site.

R2AR2.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
For that money I'd probably get a set of AST 5200s, that is what they run in Grand-Am. You wouldn't get a Watts Link included in that price, but you would be running the real deal competition dampers and springs.

Coil overs for track use are really delightful. Also from the picture they have spherical steel bearings ( not rubber) in the eyes. If your track your car only in my humble but very experiencd opinion no rubber any where is the only way to go. Any where you have an elastic in the body to sub frame, body to suspention, dampener, rack to body, or any other live part to what it controls you have unwanted undampened movement. If you were to eliminate all the rubber in a Boss and do nothing else you would not believe it is the same car. I have converted and helped convert many cars from production street to production full race. No rubber anywhere cuts lap times like a hot knife through butter. Anyone that states different is trying to sell thier stuff or just jabbering. That being said the car will now be beligerent and unpleasent on the street. My Boss is a dd and will stay rubberized. I have a real race car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel