The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys. I'm in the process of purchasing new wheels/tires. I've pretty much decided on the Forgestar F14's in 19x9/19x10. For the tires I would really like the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but since they don't offer a 285/35/19 the closest tire size I could find is 295/35/19. Is there going to be an issue with that? I was also considering going up to a 265/40/19 in the front. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
Nate

Nate I think those tires will be fine. I have a set of 265/35/19 and 295/30/19 PSS tires sitting in my garage waiting to be mounted on my SVT wheels. Ideally I'd like slightly wider wheels at 9.5 and 10.5 so I can run 275/35/19 and 305/30/19 PSS tires.

Thanks guys. I spent a lot of time looking at the different specs on the calculator and it seems these are the closest to keeping the original overall diameter.
Rick, any reason why you went down on the aspect ratio? On the fronts you have a difference of about 2.71% where if you would've went with the 40 aspect ratio it's only 1.16%. The rears give you a difference of 3.43% where the 35 ratio gives you a difference of 1%. I'm just trying to understand if there is a reason or just personal preference. Thanks again.

Gotcha. I'm not going to frequently track mine so I was planning on just keeping it as close to factory height as possible for the speedo and a little comfort. I appreciate the help Rick.

zzyzx

Steve
I would go with 275/35-19 front. Per the specs on Tire Rack, they can go on a 9" wide wheel. They might be squished a tad, but probably nothing to worry about.

I will very likely buy the 275/35 - 295/35 to put on my stock wheels.

Beasti

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast
Here is a great tool to help out with these type of questions.

I found it works best with MS IE

http://rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

zzyzx said:
I would go with 275/35-19 front. Per the specs on Tire Rack, they can go on a 9" wide wheel. They might be squished a tad, but probably nothing to worry about.

I will very likely buy the 275/35 - 295/35 to put on my stock wheels.
While not a deal breaker our cars are setup for a 1" to 1.5" stagger so make sure that's what you have with those sizes. I'm looking at new 19" wheels and if I order them they will be 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 so I can run the 275/35/19 and 305/30/19 PSS tires. ;D

Rick you should have no issues. On my Roush and Shelby I was running a 315 in the rear and 275 up front. If you do go as wide as a 315 just don't run Michelins because they tend to run a tad wider and they will rub, I found this out the hard way and ended up running a 305 in the rear on the Wife's GT and changes to Nitto's on my old Shelby. Justin know's all this info already though, so he can steer you in the proper direction.

TMO Supporting Vendors