The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AED Dyno Tune Chart on 2012 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Member and friend @Yopauly had some modifications done on his 2012 Boss 302 this past week by @Shaun@AED . We are both local to AED so it's easy for them to work on our cars. Anyway he had AED install Kooks LT headers, Airaid plastic intake, Accufab 84.5 TB, 3" over axle pipes, removed the cats and installed an X pipe. The rev limiter was raised to 8,000 RPM's. All with the stock Boss intake. As you can see from the dyno chart he gained a peak of 53 hp but more importantly it fattened up the power curve nicely. I went for a ride in it yesterday and it still drives like a stock Boss, just a kiss louder. ::) BTW they also did a compression check and everything was nice and tight. Paul's Boss has approximately 16,000 miles on it.

Last edited:
I haven't done anything like this yet, but if/when I make the jump it will be in a very similar way. Thanks for documenting the results. Very cool!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have a similar parts list at Lethal with the exception of a SCJ intake system and a Moroso pan. Kooks headers to tail pipes.

When the funds are right.....who knows.

With the SCJ and a tune she should pick up 75ish HP.

TMSBOSS said:
I have a similar parts list at Lethal with the exception of a SCJ intake system and a Moroso pan. Kooks headers to tail pipes.

When the funds are right.....who knows.

With the SCJ and a tune she should pick up 75ish HP.

I am running this setup with the monoblade and 1 7/8" Kooks, you'll be pleased with the results running Shaun's tune.

Very nice. I have the same set up, except i will be using a kooks "H" pipe. I have plans on contacting AED soon, however ill be doing remote tuning. Did yopauly opt for any extras, like the lope idle or engine braking that AED offers?

WinterSucks - I would say if you're going to spend the money to have the CAI tuned, may as well get exhaust to go with it. Probably won't get but a few extra HP from the CAI itself.

Shaun12 said:
Very nice. I have the same set up, except i will be using a kooks "H" pipe. I have plans on contacting AED soon, however ill be doing remote tuning. Did yopauly opt for any extras, like the lope idle or engine braking that AED offers?
I believe he did get an extra tune but his main goal was a road race tune and it does not have the lopey idle. Not sure on the engine braking but I bet it does since that's useful on track.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Shaun12 said:
Very nice.

I would say if you're going to spend the money to have the CAI tuned, may as well get exhaust to go with it. Probably won't get but a few extra HP from the CAI itself.

Yes, I would agree as the Boss U-Code 302 Hi-Po responds very well to exhaust mod improvements. More so to intake mods, IMO and experience.

I bought an SCT-X4 with AED Steet Performance and Race Tunes from a fellow Cali Member. It's based on 91 octane, AirAid CF CJ CAI and AB's, so I'm thinking about downloading the file and sending it to Shaun for "fine tuning" to 93 Octane and mods specific to my little Miss Kona Mustang Boss 302.

Use the X4 for data monitoring now. It's a nice Tuner.

Have fun, and Mod On!
302 Hi Pro

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Member and friend @Yopauly had some modifications done on his 2012 Boss 302 this past week by @Shaun@AED . We are both local to AED so it's easy for them to work on our cars. Anyway he had AED install Kooks LT headers, Airaid plastic intake, Accufab 84.5 TB, 3" over axle pipes, removed the cats and installed an X pipe. The rev limiter was raised to 8,000 RPM's. All with the stock Boss intake. As you can see from the dyno chart he gained a peak of 53 hp but more importantly it fattened up the power curve nicely. I went for a ride in it yesterday and it still drives like a stock Boss, just a kiss louder. ::) BTW they also did a compression check and everything was nice and tight. Paul's Boss has approximately 16,000 miles on it.

yopauly%20AED%20dyno_zpsh0iynrvk.png
Just wondering if you had the dyno chart handy. Link has gone dead

TMO Supporting Vendors