The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AED Ghost Cam Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know many of you were disappointed with the TK lopey idle so I thought you might be interested in this. AED is local to me and I had a chance to meet Shaun today at a local Mustang show. He's one of the owners and is the guy that writes the tunes. He's got an excellent reputation locally and the word is spreading on this tunes that add power but don't push the limits. Anyway here's a couple of vids with his ghost tune on a Boss 302.

http://www.advancedenginedevelopment.com/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CveYyV_354&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYstCZFtqSk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Maui
Sounds Niiice! So how does one go about getting this ghost cam tune? Does it work for both keys or just track key? Is the warranty voided?

BLAZN BOSS

5 DOT 0 said:
I believe any tune voids your warranty. He was very specific in telling me that if you have TK any aftermarket tune will erase it.

Thats what I want..............how much?

It would seem that a good tuner will eventually write a basic TK tune with other upgrades piggybacked. Best of both worlds!!

Just remember that these SCT cam tunes act just like a long duration / over lap cam. In other words your low speed drive ability will suffer some. The lopey idle doesn't wait till you come to a stop before it kicks in. I'm been told you can feel it as high as 1600 rpms.

I sent an email to Shaun tonight and this is his reply:

"You will void your Ford Warranty with any tune. From what I've heard if you have the Trackey and the motor blows, Ford will void your warranty, but Ford Racing will pick it up. My opinion of the matter is Factory Warranty for a Factory Car. Modify and tune at your own risk. With that being said, I have found and corrected the #8 issue in the Factory tunes.

It's in the Boss Calibrations as well as the GT cals. I can not duplicate the increased engine braking and launch control of the Trackey tune (currently). My tunes will have increased power with a much richer A/F than the Trackey as well as reduced ignition timing. I do not concentrate on dyno HP, I concentrate on getting the power to the ground, which is limited in the stock calibrations. You'd be surprised how strong 400+RWHP actually feels! I could care less about dyno power. A chassis dyno is a tool, nothing more.

Cost for the email tune (yes I can tune your car over email) is $250 for all 3 tunes.

1. Performance stock idle tune
2. Performance Idle Lope Tune
3. Drag Race tune (no traction control and Advance Trac disabled)"

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have a JLP cam tune.....drives just like was said above...like $hit till you get above 1800 and was also told that any "lopey" idle tune will ruin your catalytic convertors. I started to get a sulfur smell at idle with the JLP tune. THAT IS WITH MY JLP TUNE cant speak for this tune. mine cost me 75 bucks steeda has one out for 90 they say it hasnt ruined anyones cats the year or more its been out. John Lund on evolution or lethal want 200 bucks for one octane cam idle tune. I am curious as to if either the AED or steeda or John Lund will have the surging (gas pedal held in on spot feels like I am in and out of the gas) from 2-4 and if it has the rpm hang in between gears.

I will be giving the Steeda ghost tune a shoot here probably this pay day.

dean_acheson said:
I meant the AED tune. There was some discussion about it being very good on the Boss302.com website.
Dean, I haven't seen anyone on BMO that has the tune. As I previously mentioned I met Shaun, the guy that writes the tunes, last month and I liked his approach and no BS about the tunes. I'd give him a call and ask him questions about what you want and then develop your own opinion. FWIW he's a local guy that owns his own 5.0 which he takes to Sac Raceway drag strip regularly. In other words he's testing his tunes himself on his own equipment. I don't plan on doing a tune anytime soon but if I was I would try an AED tune first. I might take my Boss to his shop for some baseline pulls soon and will post up when I do.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
dean_acheson said:
I meant the AED tune. There was some discussion about it being very good on the Boss302.com website.
I know just saying ask these questions prior to buying any lopey idle tune.
1. Is it catalytic converters safe?
2. How is low speed driving?
3. Will the rpms hang between gear shifts?
4. Will it surge on part throttle acceleration?

Wish I would have known to ask about that

Justin said:
dean_acheson said:

1. No
2. Above 1100RPM drivability is stock
3. No
4. No

FYI,
Steeda's idle lope hasn't been out but a few months. How do I know? Where do you think they got the 'base' idle lope file from. ;-)

My Boss lope is completely different than Steeda's however. (different approach to the calibration than my first idle lope files). There was a minor drivability issue with the first version lope file that I'm sure Gus at Steeda has resolved. I took a ground up different approach to resolve it.
Last I heard Lund wasn't doing the lope on the Boss, but that may have changed.

BLAZN BOSS

Shaun@AED said:
Justin said:
dean_acheson said:

1. No
2. Above 1100RPM drivability is stock
3. No
4. No
"Is it catalytic converters safe?" NO?????????
Is that what you mean or do you mean will it hurt the converters?
NO

TMO Supporting Vendors