The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

AeroCatch install

drano38

Wayne
Reaction score
Great job! I've thought about hood pins, and these in particular, but never gotten the nerve to start cutting/drilling into the stock hood.

spartan

TMO Addict
Reaction score
Tell us more.
Since these vents are no longer available and I wanted one for my new build, I had a fabricator make one for me. Had to pay for the mold and will offer it for sale when available. I have the first piece out of the tool but its not ready. I will post photos when a good part is available. Then I'll have some made and post it here.

bpracer

Mark
Reaction score
You did a better job of locating and cutting holes than me... The flanges covered my error on one side.

I made some plastic spacers to place between the two layers of the hood. I needed longer bolts to do this. The aluminum is very thin so I wanted spread the load use both layers where possible.

Even though this was a "spare" hood, I sure was nervous doing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5.2 liters of democracy

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Since these vents are no longer available and I wanted one for my new build, I had a fabricator make one for me. Had to pay for the mold and will offer it for sale when available. I have the first piece out of the tool but its not ready. I will post photos when a good part is available. Then I'll have some made and post it here.
Actually just bought one this morning after reaching out to Dean.

TMO Supporting Vendors