The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AeroCatch install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Great job! I've thought about hood pins, and these in particular, but never gotten the nerve to start cutting/drilling into the stock hood.

Nice work. Good job protecting the engine and paint. Now you need a hood vent. I will be selling fiberglass GT4 style hood vents soon.
Tell us more.

DFW, TX
You did a better job of locating and cutting holes than me... The flanges covered my error on one side.

I made some plastic spacers to place between the two layers of the hood. I needed longer bolts to do this. The aluminum is very thin so I wanted spread the load use both layers where possible.

Even though this was a "spare" hood, I sure was nervous doing this.368035a8f118cb581ed2e052e91a9a2c.jpg689ee2a573342a9408faeb975f807dd8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Since these vents are no longer available and I wanted one for my new build, I had a fabricator make one for me. Had to pay for the mold and will offer it for sale when available. I have the first piece out of the tool but its not ready. I will post photos when a good part is available. Then I'll have some made and post it here.

Actually just bought one this morning after reaching out to Dean.

TMO Supporting Vendors