The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aeroforce gage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am getting ready to install an Aeroforce gage CNF 101 and have not read anything in the instructions about the brightness of this gage at night. Does it have a dimming feature or is it going to be at full brightness all the time? Is it going to be annoying at night?

Tim

I have them in both the Boss and GT500 and have never found it to be an issue at night. They're easy to read and not too bright. I'm not aware of an auto-dimming feature.

thehueypilot said:
Thanks for the reply. What parameters do you view the most?

Tim
Mostly ECT and oil temp from the optional sender wired to Analog 1. I have the sender in a "T" fitting off the factory pressure sensor location. I have my annunciator set to flash when ECT goes above 245. I'm thinking of adding a larger oil pan and if I do will add an oil pressure sender wired to Analog 2. I sometimes monitor battery voltage and IAT. I also use it to get and clear DTCs.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
You can manual adjust the brightness in the menu. I've been having problems with my gauges. It no longer will read dtc codes or clear them. And I still have yet to get the p1 and p2 annunciator to work. My other complaint with these gauges is randomly one or both with just keep cycling the start up screen. So far not impressed with the gauges. I plan to do analog nitrous pressure and oil pressure and down the line fuel pressure. That's if I get these issues fixed other wise I'll be selling them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin said:
You can manual adjust the brightness in the menu. I've been having problems with my gauges. It no longer will read dtc codes or clear them. And I still have yet to get the p1 and p2 annunciator to work. My other complaint with these gauges is randomly one or both with just keep cycling the start up screen. So far not impressed with the gauges. I plan to do analog nitrous pressure and oil pressure and down the line fuel pressure. That's if I get these issues fixed other wise I'll be selling them

I occasionally get that cycling reboot but I just unplug from OBDII and plug it back in and it restarts fine. I think it happens when I disconnect the battery, which I do every time I pull seats in and out for the track. Not sure why you're having trouble with the annunciator but maybe you have selected "below" instead of "above"?

Justin

cloud9 said:
I occasionally get that cycling reboot but I just unplug from OBDII and plug it back in and it restarts fine. I think it happens when I disconnect the battery, which I do every time I pull seats in and out for the track. Not sure why you're having trouble with the annunciator but maybe you have selected "below" instead of "above"?
i have set it over 20 times. I set it to go off what should be constant. Nothing it was one of the Main reasons I bought it. I have emailed them three times now asking how to fix it or something. Got zip zero back from them. Their directions leave a lot to be desired. Which platform do you select? Who knows? I'm on 4. I can get a p1 to work that's it. When you read and clean dtc's what key position? Engine on or off? I have to use my sct tuner to check and clear them.

Can you tell I'm a little bitter about the gauges? The total lack of customer support is what had turned me sour to these gauges. That is the biggest thing to me standing behind a product and being there to assist customers. If it was to break or malfunction I have no Faith that sending it to them for warranty work I would get it back.

Rant over sorry about that.

Great idea for the gauges
Wish they just would work as advertised for me.

roadhouse said:
As Justin said, the you can adjust the brightness. I've had zero problems with my aeroforce.
Thanks for the information. I found the dimmer setting by scrolling thru the settings. I did not realize you need to print out the instruction manual from their website as the instruction sheet that comes in the box is really limited on information. How do you know what software version you have as the correct instructions are based on version?

Tim

Justin said:
i have set it over 20 times. I set it to go off what should be constant. Nothing it was one of the Main reasons I bought it. I have emailed them three times now asking how to fix it or something. Got zip zero back from them. Their directions leave a lot to be desired. Which platform do you select? Who knows? I'm on 4. I can get a p1 to work that's it. When you read and clean dtc's what key position? Engine on or off? I have to use my sct tuner to check and clear them.

Can you tell I'm a little bitter about the gauges? The total lack of customer support is what had turned me sour to these gauges. That is the biggest thing to me standing behind a product and being there to assist customers. If it was to break or malfunction I have no Faith that sending it to them for warranty work I would get it back.
Rant over sorry about that.
Great idea for the gauges
Wish they just would work as advertised for me.

I now understand what you are saying and I agree with you. I have posted questions on the Aeroforce forum page and got one answer but it was not helpful at all and when I asked another they have not responded back yet. The instruction sheet is not very detailed at all. Mine started cycling on and off when I set up the annunciator as well. I set it up as a shift light to come on above 7000 rpm and it started cycling on and off. I put it back to the default settings which fixed it. I tried it again but this time I only selected rpm and set the rpm to above 7000 and it worked. My guess is it can only do one thing at a time or it freaks out? Platform 4 is correct and it tells you this on the very last page of the instruction sheet as opposed to the first page since this is the first item you must select when setting up your parameters. The gage MPH reading does not exactly match the car's speedometer and is off by about 4 mph at 55 and gets worse the faster you go above 55 mph.
I think this is a case of: "Jack of all gages but master of none".

Tim

Justin

thehueypilot said:
I now understand what you are saying and I agree with you. I have posted questions on the Aeroforce forum page and got one answer but it was not helpful at all and when I asked another they have not responded back yet. The instruction sheet is not very detailed at all. Mine started cycling on and off when I set up the annunciator as well. I set it up as a shift light to come on above 7000 rpm and it started cycling on and off. I put it back to the default settings which fixed it. I tried it again but this time I only selected rpm and set the rpm to above 7000 and it worked. My guess is it can only do one thing at a time or it freaks out? Platform 4 is correct and it tells you this on the very last page of the instruction sheet as opposed to the first page since this is the first item you must select when setting up your parameters. The gage MPH reading does not exactly match the car's speedometer and is off by about 4 mph at 55 and gets worse the faster you go above 55 mph.
I think this is a case of: "Jack of all gages but master of none".

Tim
yeah I am begining to realize that. what did you set the data rates to? I am not sure if 1 is the fastest or vice versus.

Justin said:
yeah I am begining to realize that. what did you set the data rates to? I am not sure if 1 is the fastest or vice versus.

The data rate default is three and the note in the instructions say the higher the number the higher the scan rate is but higher scan rates may cause problems with some computers.

Tim

Justin

Thanks the instructions I got don't say just increase the data rate for shift light if it doesn't go off at the right point. And no where did it say what platform was for the mustang.

TMO Supporting Vendors