The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AFR ratios, whats too lean.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
hate to bring up this old dog again but went to the dyno on Saturday and got these results.....

11750622_10205921041843915_2598437797710092154_n.jpg

This was taken at 1800 ft elevation on a cool 12C day. Is this about normal for a stock boss with Kooks lth and xpipe and nothing else??

Gas was stock 93 approx octane. Just in case it was 403 hp at 6500rpm and 380 torque at 3500rpm

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thats with the stock tune still. Now with my dyno test and compression test ok not quite sure what to do. AED is closed to me so maybe try a Lund tune and log again at the dyno.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My Lund tune arrived today and will install it this week end with a new O2 sensor for passenger side. Can't wait to log it and see the difference. Was reading that Kooks LTHs can make the car 4% lean. So my lambda 0.83 could go to a more sane 0.79? That and some Sonoca!

Glad you got this figured out. I am tempted to start treating my O2 sensors like consumables every other year or two just to avoid issues that ruin a track day. Seems like bad O2 sensors are becoming a frequent answer...

So if the answer to the question is not "Miata" it's "replace the O2 sensor"? ;D

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well, hopefully its tie to put this long story to bed. My apologies for keeping this post going!! Got a Lund Racing tune for the car. Very quick response and got the tune next day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206132391647528&l=de33bbd538
Here is the screen shot.

I logged the car and sent it back to them right away to check as I am getting paranoid about running lean! Jon Lund senior answered back saying the Log was good and stop trying to read logs and go enjoy the car!!

Which is what I intend to do!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel